Friday, August 24, 2012

Blue skies smilin' at me, Nothing but Blue skies do I see

I went to see Willie Nelson this past Tuesday at House of Blues in Dallas. We were SO lucky to get tickets because it ended up being a sold out show and there were scalpers begging for tickets instead of selling them.  If you paid any attention to the news you would have heard that Willie had to cancel his concert in Colorado and went to the hospital because he couldn’t breathe.  So we were a little nervous that he would cancel our show too.


I’ve seen Willie perform at least a dozen times or so but it had been at least 15 years that I saw him recently. He always starts all his concerts with Whiskey River and it’s perfect tempo to get the crown going.  I couldn’t believe Willie’s stamina and energy during the concert. He was fantastic and played tons of his old classics. He even broke into a few gospel hymns. It was probably one of the best concerts I have seen of him.



My honey had Willie on his concert bucket list of people he HAD to see and my friend Panda had never seen him perform either. The 3 of us got to HOB early and had dinner before the show.  There was an opening act who was this young guy named Drake White. He was awesome!!!  He was a cross between Amos Lee-Jamey Johnson- and Chris Robinson from Black Crowes.  Drake’s from Alabama and I hope to hear more from him –preferably on the radio.

honey and me

Drake White w/me and Panda


Tomorrow night we’re going back to HOB to see Bricks in the Wall with the free tickets I won a few weeks ago. Busy weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. I lurvs Willie N. - I would have loved being at that concert.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhmmm... Uh.... Am I jealous much? YES!!! Good grief... the closest I've been to Willie was in the weed garden... oh wait. HAHAHA! No... in the really tasty brownie section. No... uh... his gas station that used to be in Carl's Corner! Yeah - that's what I meant... LOLOL

    I'm SO JEALOUS!!!!

    :) robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that was an AWESOME concert! My parents are Texan, but they're "southerners"! :)
    Thanks for the follow...following back! So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cool!! I am happy to see you out and having fun. I would love to do that, especially since we get some great bands here in Tucson.
    I am a new follower to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom and my nana used to love him. I'm following you now from Blogaholics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE WILLIE!!!! But I've only seen him once at ACL. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!