Thursday, August 16, 2012

It's Ok



It’s Ok that I refuse to share my political views with anyone. You know me enough that it’s NOT because I don’t have an opinion.

That I saved money this week on breakfast by buying a bag of mini donuts and I’ve ate them every day. Good on the wallet but bad for my waist line.

It’s Ok that for my birthday I was given a gift certificate for Boston Proper online store. I received my 2 dresses (on sale) in the mail yesterday and I’m just as excited about my 16.00$ dress from Ross as I am for these much more expensive dresses. I’m not ungrateful its just that I could have bought triple amount of dresses from Ross than the 2 dresses I got from BP.

That I am ECSTATIC for the rain we are finally getting in Dallas. I purposely did not bring a rain jacket to work today. I want to feel the rain on my skin.  It’s worth my hair being frizzy.

That I’ve been home for 2 weeks and I still have a few boxes to unpack.  Not in a hurry now that I’ve got the majority done.

I’ve had 2 of the best evenings this week hanging out with a few of my closest friends.  My friends truly nourish my soul and I smile for hours afterwards.

I’m excited that I have a new fave wine that my friend introduced to me the other night.  It’s called Poppy and it’s the Pinot Noir. Yummy!! Your welcome! J

I got my Save the Girls necklace yesterday in the mail. I’m so excited!!

This weekend is our Tax Free for back to school shopping and I’m staying far away from the shops.  It’s not worth the crowds to save a few dollars on the taxes.

I signed up to take a meal tonight for a friend that has pneumonia. I don’t cook so I’m calling in an order at Salt Grass for some baked potato soup.  Oh my, it’s delish!  I will be joining her for dinner too.

I had to attend a funeral yesterday that made my heart heavy.  I spoke a few posts ago on Doc Molhusen that passed recently.  He died while trying to save his wife Margie who was in a wheelchair due to her stroke. Margie had been in ICU and never knew that her husband had passed. She passed on last Friday and joined Doc at the pearly gates. Their kids ,Amy and Kurt have lost both their parents in this tragedy and their childhood home.  It’s OK that I know they have tons of friends and family to help them with this and that I’m Ok knowing that Doc and Margie are reunited.

Its OK that I didn’t mean to be a downer on that last comment but its’ what’s on my heart.

That I’ve eaten Mexican food pretty much every day this week except yesterday.

That I STILL don’t have an iphone because I’m impatiently waiting for the iphone 5. I seriously feel so behind without Instagram. I have mentioned this before but nothing has changed.

That I’m only 10 followers away from having 100 and I am challenged on fixing my email subscription.  (note to all reading, if you’re following me that way, sorry it’s not working).

I’m so excited tomorrow is Friday.  It’s an approved day for my team to work from home. Joy to the World!


4 comments:

  1. So sorry about you friends. What a tragedy! I'm right there with ya on tax free weekend. I try to stay as far away from the crazies as possible 'cause savin' a few cents on notebooks and paper ain't worth gettin' your hair pulled and punched in the face from those Wal-Mart shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is OK to know this precious couple is reunited pain free with each other. Think of it...they now know the answers to the questions we all have. My prayers go up for their family for strength in the coming days and weeks.
    Come to think of it...you're whole "OK" list is jim dandy!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your tax-free weekend comment. Saving 8-dollars if I spend 100, plus deal with the aggressive crowds and insane lines is NOT worth my time, energy, money "saved" or the hassle. Besides, I hate shopping anyway! I did receive, however, a pretty sweet coupon from Talbot's to use at their new store at Paragon Outlets in Arlington. As bad as I hate to waste a half-off-entire-purchase coupon, especially for an outlet store, I refuse to deal with the crowds at a new outlet facility on tax-free weekend. I know I'm crazy, but I've got more sense than that!

    Happy weekend to you, Friend!
    Nicole @ Three 31
    http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty nice recap of the week. Now following -TY for the visit

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!