Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My 1st guest speaker: The Crazy Life of LT

Hey y'all, so my sweet cousin Lauren who i've mentioned more than a dozen times in my posts , just moved to Texas. I couldn't be happier! I asked her to be a guest speaker on my blog so you can get to know her too. Her blog is The Crazy Life of LT and she was my inspiration to create my blog a year ago.
I asked her a few questions  interview style:

So what do you love most so far about Texas?
The obvious is that I love being closer to my family. But the "Texas" answer would be that I seriously love the land. I love driving down a road full of pastures and open fields. In my ideal world I would live on a farm. I don't want to do any "farm" work, I just want to live on one. Can you imagine the photo possibilities I could do with that?! So yes, definitely the scenary. And cowboys. And cows. 
Are you missing Georgia tons?
I miss parts of it...mostly my friends that I saw on a weekly/daily basis. My job in GA has allowed me to work remotely from home in Texas, but I'm having to learn how to transition into not seeing people every day. I'm missing familiarity and my confidence in that, more than anything. It's weird...I kind of feel like I've always lived here, except I don't know where anything is! 
What brought you to Texas?
Well, I have some pretty awesome family in Texas and I've really been wanting to be closer to them. So once we started praying about that, my hubby had an awesome job opportunity fall into his lap. He is now the Art Director at LakePointe Church in Rockwall, TX. We had a very quick hiring process - like seriously 3 weeks from the time we got the offer to move in date.

How long have you been a blogger?
I've been blogging since August of 2008. And I feel like I've come a long way! 
Are you a football fan because its practically a religion in Texas?
I am totally a football fan. I haven't always been tho. When we first got married, Chris was the chaplain for our local high school football team, so we were at the games every Friday night and I really developed a love for it. He had to spend every game in my ear giving me a play by play of what was going on. ;) Chris was always a SEC college football fan, so I jumped on that band wagon too. It's kind of a "thing" for me and the hubs. We LOVE our Georgia Bulldogs....so I guess now we'll be Longhorns fans! I'm hoping to open up a new adventure into NFL this year, so let's go Cowboys!

What are your favorite drinks – non alcoholic and with alcohol?
Ok, I'm pretty boring on the non-alcoholic drinks. I love me some sweet tea, but seeing as it's not the greatest for my figure, I tend to stick with water with lime. Yum!
As for alcoholic - I'm a one and done kind of girl. I love Woodchuck cider. It's my fave pre-made drink. Oh and a margarita! And of course there was the "special punch" I made for the hubs b-day party last year which we all got addicted to (vodka, sprite, cranberry juice and orange juice). Wow, I sound like a lush. But I'm really not....I maybe have 1 drink a month! Honestly.  Haha! 
So last time I checked, you were obsessed with the color Teal. Are you still ? and what have you done to incorporate that color in your lifestyle?
Ah yes, teal might as well be a love language for me. What's funny is Chris is now completely obsessed with it too!
How have I incorporated it into my lifestyle you ask? Well let's see, it's my business color, the main color in my bedroom and bathroom, i have a teal watch, clothes, shoes, jewelry, Chris just got a custom made teal desk for his office, we have it in various wall art all over the place. To make it simple, there's a little teal everywhere! But I love all shades of it. So that makes it seem like it's different in each room, lol! And except for our bedroom, I have tried to have just random little pops of teal here and there so it doesn't seem overwhelming. 
Tell us a little about yourself:
Well, let's see. We've established that I'm a lover of all things teal. I love Jesus. Chris and I have been married for almost 8 years..no babies yet. We've got two ktties - Jackson and Molly. They're our fur-babies. I love all things vintage. Antiquing is the way to my heart. I am a photographer (www.bubblybeard.com). I love me some Audrey Hepburn. Laughter is one of my all time favorite things. I hate cilantro. Like really hate it. I make decisions on whether or not to eat at a Mexican restaurant based on if they have cilantro in their salsa. I use exclamation points way too much. I think there is nothing better than a good cheesy photo. I love my family. I love my friends. I love life!

Here's a pic of us last year in Atlanta while i was on business and we met up for dinner.


Thank you sweet cuz for sharing your time with me on this blog. I love you bunches and so glad you're local now! Go show Lauren some love on her blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!!