Monday, September 24, 2012

A fun swap with sweet gal- Pen Pal Exchange

Yep-Another swap. Up until a few weeks ago I had never participated in a blogger swap. I now have been involved in 2 of them back to back. I signed up for a Pen Pal exchange swap that I found out about from a friend blogger. My swap partner was Janel from Nellie Bellie out of Wisconsin and she is just too cute! Janel is a friendly bubbly gal and I enjoy her blog so much. I love finding new blogs to follow and to also hopefully gain a new follower too.
When we were joining the swap, there was a question we had to answer regarding what 80’s style do we hope never comes back. I replied the banana clip and Janel said scrunchies in the hair. There were plenty more that I could have added like stirrup pants and shoulder pants. Remember those? yikes!
I got a black and red trivet made from checkers with an "H" painted on it and an apron that were homemade. SO CUTE and It doesn’t get better than that. Receiving packages is so fun and especially from a sweet new friend!  I sent some cute notecards, a magnet notepad for the fridge, a wine cork keychain( I made it), and a package of red decorated Kleenex.
I love my gifts. Cute and functional!

Stay tuned, i have to fill you in on my fun weekend but I'll save for a post tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I'm crushing on that apron! What a great gift =D Thanks so much for joining us this month Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Love your pretty gifts! I've never done a swap. How do those work? -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci, swaps are held by any blogger and sometimes they get together with others and there are a few hosts for one swap. I just lucked out and was able to come across one that i could join when they announced it. I've been reading about them for a year and always managed to miss the deadline. If i see of any coming up, i'll let you know.

      Delete
  3. janel is just the sweetest -- you are 1 lucky gal to be paired up with her!!! love your sweet exchange and hope to host another one soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee, It was great swapping with Janel. I cant wait until your next swap- i want to play again. :)

      Delete
  4. That apron is so amazingly cute! Love it! I'm so glad you had fun doing this exchange!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SHUDDER at all of the 80's that the "fashion buyers" are trying to bring back! SHUDDER!!!

    LOVE the apron - that is sooooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the Pen Pal Exchange link up! I really love the apron you received. :) Swaps are the best! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!