Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A link party on Wednesdays and my solution to hot day on the Harley

I found a new link party that takes on Wednesday’s so I thought I would play along. It’s called Follow me Wednesday.

It’s hosted by 3 ladies at  All my love for all my days, Let them Eat cake, and The Domisticated Princess.  You have to follow all the hostesses mentioned to link up.
I’ve already stumbled upon a few  more new blogs that I like.


I cant believe I haven’t told you about all the great finds I came across this past weekend. I’ve been so busy to post about it but I have SO much to tell you.I need to take pictures of some of my goodies.  On Sunday, my honey and I joined some friends of ours and spent all day on the Harley. We rode out to Stephenville to eat at Hard Eight BBQ and it was so yummy. They’re one of my fave places for BBQ and we have one much closer but it’s fun to ride far to eat. Although it’s Fall, we hit high hot temps over the weekend. I wore my favorite Johnny Cash t-shirt and the sleeves felt so heavy and hot on  the ride. We stopped to cool down at another place a few hours later from lunch and I was going to buy one of their tank tops. Unfortunately , they only had mediums and they were “small” mediums. I knew I had a few more hours to go before we made it home and I was having hot flashes off and on too. I asked the waitress if they had any scissors I could borrow and they did. I cut the sleeves off and then used the scraps to tie the end of sleeve through the neck hole to make it more of a tank. I hated cutting up my Johnny shirt but I seriously felt so much better in the blazing heat. I’ll figure out some way to repair when I have some time.
Yum-o BBQ

I'm cooler with no sleeves

11 comments:

  1. My Daddy was a HUGE Johnny Cash fan. I remember listening to his albums when I was very little. That's a great T-Shirt! On my blog I have a T-Shirt to Tank Top Tutorial. You might check it out and see if it helps! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool. I need some help with it for sure and i really want to save it. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my "Don't be that blogger" post :) Guess what? You're a no reply guy! I was going to email you back... but I can't :( So I thought I'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH!!! I'm so embarrassed. I'm going now to give it a looksie and fix it. Thank you so much for the heads up.

      Delete
  3. Hi Holli. I popped over to the Follow me Wednesday co-hosts and almost linked up - but they wanted family friendly blogs only so I thought I would give it a miss (my blog can be slightly risque at times). Love to see some more pics of your travels on your Harley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanthie, you crack me up!! I will definitely see what i can do about more Harley pics.

      Delete
  4. Your life looks fun. I would love the warm weather AND the bike. I should get one and move south!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! Come to Texas. There's definitely football for the boys here.

      Delete
  5. Ha! Hollie - I like it the way you have it!!! I think - you should leave it cut and tied!!!

    Motorcycle rides are the BEST!!!

    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do this to our shirts years ago in high school so it was kinda funny. I may leave it like that now.

      Delete
  6. Your trip sounds amazing! You look great without the sleeves, though I doubt that’s advisable for long drives because you do need to wear long sleeves to protect your arms from the heat of the sun while driving. All in all, though, I think your ‘new’ shirt looks cool!


    @Claudio Mccarty

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!