Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gone Junkin 2 wks in a row! Yeehaw

Last weekend my cuz Lauren and I went to Antique Alley out in Grandview. We got an early start and got out there around 8:30 in the morning. I had an exact address from Ann who also has a blog and Facebook page called Duct Tape and Denim. She lives in California but has a sister who lives in Texas. Ann makes the cutest jewelry and crafts and I was so excited to meet her in person. I actually had an order for some rings and a bracelet that she brought to me instead of having to ship it.  They had a booth set up in field called Faith Meadows and once i put the exact address in GPS, it was smooth sailing getting there.
Lauren and I both had so much fun and you should have seen my truck. Insert music to the theme of Sanford and Son and that's what you would be humming when you saw it. I bought a couple of really big picture frames that i want to use down the road for some pictures at my Dad's ranch. They were only 10$ a piece which i thought was good. I grabbed a nice, heavy window frame with all the glass intact. I cant wait to clean it up. I think i'm going to put pictures behind the panes and hang it in the hallway. I got lots of little odds and ends like some lids to mason jars that you can put a straw in, some paper straws ( to go with my lids), i bought some painted wood pieces for a 1$each, an oversize wine glass for my centerpiece, a vintage metal chair, some jewelry, an iron pig soapstand (dont judge), a few laptop covers that i love, but my one PRIZE that was my icing to the junk cake was the most enormous birdcage i've ever seen. Y'ALL, i think i need counseling for my birdcage addiction. I cant stop buying them. I am so excited for my new one but it needs some cleaning and painting before i bring it inside. It's currently sitting on my back patio. I must admit that i was a little nervous when i had to break the news to my honey that Yes i am bringing home another birdcage. LOL. He took it very gently but i have to slow down on them.
Lauren got some AMAZING deals like a vintage bed frame for : 20$. Yep, you read that correct. Crazy cheap and the lady was super nice that sold it. She said it was her grandmother's old bed. I love meeting the people and hearing the stories. Click on Lauren's name above to read her post on Antique Alley. She posted about it much sooner than i did (obviously). We found this litlle hole in the wall trailer that was turned into a burger shack. Oh my, y'all it was so delish! The burgers were mouth watering and they were hand rolled. It was nice to sit down and eat with some homemade sweet tea and get break from the heat. It got to be near 100 degrees and i was a sweaty mess. A funny part of day was that i found a big and gaudy wood Texas necklace that i bought for Lauren for .50cents. I told her she had to wear it all day and she did. Such a great sport!
Fast forward a week to yesterday and now that means it's First Monday in Canton weekend. Lauren has never been there before since she's new from Georgia but I grew up just a few towns away in high school and college. Heck, my dorm room was decorated by trips to Canton. LOL.  The temps were nothing like last weekend because we're currently having rain storms nonstop. Lauren called to ask if we were still going and i said "oh yes we are"! There are several covered pavilions to walk through out there so i wasnt too worried. The only kicker of the day was that Lauren had plans for later and had to leave Canton by 1pm. That meant we had 4 hours to conquer what we could. Now we still had to go in the rain to go from one covered area to the next. We ended up being drowned rats yesterday but it didnt slow us down. I jumped in every puddle and my feet were pruned by the time i got home. This time we didnt go home with a full truck load but we got a few fun things.  I grabbed the cutest bib for my friends son in Boston. I got some license plate signs for 5$ a piece, a Halloween banner for 7$, some fancy 10$ sunglasses, some old ribbon, and a great carry bag from one of my favorite vendors that also has a cute blog at Girls Gone Junkin.  I LOVE their stuff and have so much fun there. Lauren bought one of their decorated windows from them. I bought my big cross window from them last year and i get tons of compliments. They had a junk clearance cart and i got some fake plastic greenery with a birdnest and bird in it. Hmmm, what birdcage will get that?  There's still so much ground to cover next time we get out to Canton so hopefully it wont be pouring down rain like this weekend. I'll see if i can post some more pics from my garage sale at the Doc's but dont start your timer....
Have a blessed week my friends. Talk to ya soon.

Ann from duct tape and denim, lauren, me (wearing my skull ring)

Cute booths at AA

My awesome birdcage as tall as me

vintage Coca Cola chair i got for 10$

The sweetest pitbull baby for sale but i couldnt buy her

Lauren wearing her Texas necklace that she had to wear ALL day

My truck loaded down and not even the final result

Anyone want to buy a carriage?

My Canton goodies


awesome shirt i wanted to buy but no big enough sizes

Another funny shirt that i saw at same place but small sizes

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful junkin' trip! Our daughter lived near Dallas for five years. We LOVED Traders Village in Grand Prairie! That "trouble" T-Shirt is hysterical! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been forever since I've been to Traders Village. I should go check it out again. I would have bought the shirt but they ran SOOO small.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to Canton since I was a kid and just complained the whole time. I'm looking forward to going again this fall when I can appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know Jill, when you go maybe we can meet at a lemonade stand. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. Now I have a lot of unfinished projects started. Hehe

      Delete
  4. Love love! If we lived closer we could do some damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, don't you know it?! If you come bring 2 suitcases and we can ship whatever you can't carry. Heck, we can load my truck and deliver it in person.

      Delete
  5. Hey, there, Holli Girl! I just talked all about you and this post over at Stone Cottage Adventures. ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the mention! We should plan on a weekend to meet somewhere for some good junkin! You ever been to Canton?

      Delete
  6. Love all of the pictures!! I love going to craft fairs/antiques. You all found some great stuff!! Loved the giant TX necklace....hahahha. I wanna come down there and go hunting for treasures w/y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down Jackie!! We have so much fun. We dont always end up with my truck so loaded down but it gets close. I love me some junkin!!

      Delete
  7. I came over from Stone Cottage Adventures. Love your site. I'm a San Antonio girl so I appreciate your Texas style. I'm also your newest follower. looking forward to more f your posts. Felicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Felicia,Thanx for stopping by and following. I sure do appreciate Marci at Stone Cottage Adventures. She's a keeper!

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!