Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today’s post is about my get together with some of the Texas Bloggers gals I’ve met through Facebook. Last Saturday , my cousin Lauren drove to my place from Rockwall and then I drove us to Ft. Worth where the shindig was taking place. We went to a fun place called A Piece of Work. It’s where they provide a piece of canvas, the paints, and an instructor to help you through the process. Three of our girls who was hosting the party provided yummy appetizers and lots of yummy wines. Julie from A Beautiful Day brought a shiner bock cheese dip that I can’t get out of my mind!! I seriously may have to make the dip this weekend. I saw the recipe online today so go get it!

I consider myself crafty in many ways but painting has always intimidated me. I can’t color in the lines very well and I can barely draw a good stick figure. If it wasn’t for the instructor giving step by step direction on where to start and which paintbrush to use, it would have been a disaster for me. I had so much fun but I’m going to be honest and tell you that I don’t know if I would do it again. The event was very affordable and I would have spent the same amount on food and wine had it not been provided. It’s just that I am stuck now with a hideous painting that I feel guilty even donating to Goodwill. Part of this concept is that everyone paints the exact same thing. There were 2 artistic girls that went all rebel and painted their own thing and they both came out fantastic!! The rest of us painted a country setting with a house in a field of bluebonnets. I was WAY out of my league with this group. All of the other’s did such a great job and I would even consider putting one of their paintings in my house. My house looks dilapidated and should be abandoned in the field for sure. A funny part was when I was painting the windows I wanted to give it that barn look with the “x’s. I was using this mustard looking color and when I was done it looked like I had police crime scene tape across the window’s. We got a good laugh on that and that I filled it in with black paint. When I first got started, I wanted to paint a hidden word and so I painted Todd on my canvas. You know like a subliminal message or Where’s Waldo. After I brought it home, Todd was able to find his name once I told him to look for it. That was fun! Nicole is busty like myself and had the great idea to use 2 aprons and so i did too. I had coverage across the girls and i made it home spotless on my clothes. My bracelet and my hands didnt get off so lucky.

The night for me was not about the painting (obviously). It was more about getting to meet this wonderful group of gals in person. All of the gals were just like you’d expect from reading their blogs. All of us are so different from each other but yet there is a great bond and connection between us. Blogging is this virtual world that many of us get pretty personal with. I felt like I’ve known some of these girls forever. I can truly say that I can call many of them friends and isn’t that a blessing!

My hidden word

anticipation

Wine goes so well with painting

Nicole and me (love her!!) Check out the 2 aprons on us in these pics

My cuz and me holding our end results

I think my paint tray was as pretty as my painting

Focus-focus

which brush do i use now?

Lovely Texas Bloggers
 Cheers to a night with fun gals, good wine, and lots of belly laughs!!

5 comments:

  1. I have big BOOBS and I cannot lie, you other sisters can't deny, that I am not a girl with itty bitty titties. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (I cannot believe I just said that and published it, but I'm going with my bad self.)

    Love you "Snortin" Hootin' Holli!!!!!!!
    Nicole @ Three 31
    http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!! I was singing this while dancing in m y seat while reading this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So glad you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to try that!! It looks like fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! Stopping by to say hi and thank you for leaving your link on my FB page. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!