Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's OK Thursday



That I’m in a funk- cant explain it- just wake up every day like I want to cry but I have no reason to feel that way.  It passes by the end of day (when I go to bed)

I miss my mom. With her living in Montana , I only see her ONCE a year folks.  We talk several times a week but it’s not the same. It’s getting to me.

That I had my first Starbucks this week because I’m trying to watch my budget and it was the most wonderful tasting treat this morning.

I’m so excited to go to the Texas State Fair. I know it’s super expensive just to buy a corndog  and funnel cake plus 16$ admission and parking but  hey it’s only once a year. Not sure what day we’ll end up going but I’m making it a priority.

I have dozens of unfinished crafts/projects/etc to get finished (some to get started) but when I get home I’m a slug and don’t move from the couch.

I’m so excited to work from home tomorrow so that I can sleep in by 30 minutes.

That I really don’t like anything pumpkin- not even the pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. No pie for me please. Yuck!!

That I just lied to you on the above line because I just remembered I DO like pumpkin seeds toasted and flavored like cinnamon.

That I bitch and moan about my weight but yet continue to have either Cherry Garcia or Butter Pecan ice cream EVERY night.

I’m finally having my cousin Lauren look at my blog for me and see if she can help figure out why my email subscription to my blog isn’t working.

Oh  people, by the way, if you subscribed to receive my blog by email – um, it’s still not working. I’m on it though I promise.

I love my job so much but yet I am ready for the weekend.

That I am relieved not to travel again for the rest of the year due to budget cutbacks but I feel guilty because i wanted to get one more trip in. The flying has become part of me and I’m wondering if that’s what is putting me in a funk.


To my followers who are reading this, Thank you!! It means so much to me , you have no idea.



12 comments:

  1. With your mom - are you skyping with her, or using any video call software? We use it at work - love it!! Makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She lives so remotely that her internet is sketchy and their computer hasnt worked in a year. I'm trying to think of something. I may have to get her a tablet of some sort, and a remote mifi or some kind of internet device. I will also have to go and physically show her how to use it. She's very behind on electronics. Mom lives a very simple life in the mountains for a reason. I think Skype would be so wonderful if we can pull it off.

      Delete
  2. Being in a funk ain't all that unusual. I was getting that way myself right before I got the new job- as well as a few days thereafter. Lack of productive activity + accidently pissing someone off and waiting for a reaction to my apology. Doesn't help to have a mind that thinks it's 20 and a body that thinks its 80.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally correct. I dont get the funks frequently, thank goodness. I'm pretty sure that it's self inflicted because i'm a worrier and i have too much on my mind. And yes it takes some getting used to the fact that my 44yr old body isnt the 20something body that it used to be. Congrats on the new job.

      Delete
  3. I wonder why we get in 'funks' sometimes. 'dunno. Here's what I do know. You so intelligent, and capable, and your heart is as beautiful as your hair. Hang tough, Pretty Lady. This, too, shall pass! ((Holli)) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci- Thank you so much for your sweet sweet words and encouragement. I'm truly feeling better already. :)

      Delete
  4. If you happen to figure out the email thing, please let me know because I've been told mine doesn't work either. :/
    The State Fair has discounts for certain days. Try this site for the discounts. http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2011/sep/20/get-2011-state-fair-texas-deals-discounts-admissio/ The admission is ridiculous.
    Hopefully having fun and relaxing this weekend will help get you out of the funk. I think we all run into it once in a while. For me it was last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, thanx for the discount site for the fair.
      I'm slowly rising from my funk knowing today is Friday. I'm having fun decoration for Halloween too.
      Have a great weekend and thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  5. I've been feeling in a funk as well lately since I'm partially employed, worried about money, and at 38, I still am not sure what I want to do with my life. But the weekend is here! I can grab my camera, take some fun photos (including a pet parade on Sunday), and forget my troubles for a few days (hopefully). I hope the State Fair is fun for you, whenever you go, and maybe you can find some local, cheap, fun things to do to make you not miss traveling so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, thank you for your encouragement. Hang in there too and have fun snapping pictures. Pet parades are always sooo fun to see cute dogs. AND at 44, i finally realized that i have a career whether it was what i set out to do or not.

      Delete
  6. Holli, darling dear, hop onto a DART train and get off at Fair Park. Don't pay that nonsense parking fee!!!! Enjoy the fair, and PUH-LEASE eat a Fletcher's corndog in my honor. If ketchup and mustard fall down your chin, land on your boobs, triple score!!!!!! Nom Nom Nom. I won't make it to the fair this year, enjoy it. =)

    Big hugs,
    Nicole @ Three 31
    http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of y'all keep talking corndogs and fair food.....got my mouth watering something awful! hahaha Holli I do know what you mean about being in a funk honey. I get into funks as well. I think it's a woman thing you know something to do with those lovely things call hormones. If you are a worrier (I am too), totally you become funkdified. I was in a mini funk this past week. I am in school, but no job. Trying to find anything. I'll do soemthing part-time until I graduate from school which is in less than a year. My husband has a good job, but it is really hard to support the both of us on it. I get that. He just gets a little upset that I do not have a job. Sorry I am using your comment section to air my dirty laundry..ok feel better. I think that is awesoem that your you and your mama have such a great relationship. Sorry that you can not see her more often though. That has got to be very hard. I do get it though, we have no famiy that live in MN and sometimes it gets lonely wi/out them. We we do get with them, we take too many pictures, talk way into the night, and have as much fun as we can. Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!