Monday, October 22, 2012

Meet My Blog Angel Marci

Good Morning Y'all, how was your weekend? I spent a great weekend with my family. Saturday was in East Texas with my grandma Nanny and yesterday was my cousin Jamie's daughter's birthday party. Fun Fun!  So many of y'all saw my post last Monday where we got to let our Blog Angels know our identity. I was assigned Kim from Queen of Over-Doing it and i couldnt be happier to have her as my angel. What this also means is that I was assigned TO someone for them to be MY angel. That's where Marci comes in from Stone Cottage Adventures.  I am so lucky to have such a supportive, sweet angel that a blogger could ask for. This Blog Angel idea not only brought me 2 of the most amazing women that we "have" to have contact with for the month of October, but these are lasting friendships now forever. I came up with a little question/answer email for Marci to reply to so here's a little more about my sweet Angel:

What inspired you to start a blog and how long have you been blogging?

I have been a Farmer's Market vendor.  The same questions were being asked over and over.  In one week, three different people told me I should write a blog.  It began with the most asked questions from my farmers market booth.  Then I started connecting with other bloggers and fell in love with the process.  It's nice to have a year's diary of all the wacky things that happen around here.

 
 Tell me a little about your family- pets too:
My husband and I have been together for 27 years, married for 26 years.  He has one daughter from his first marriage.  We have a son and daughter together.  At this point, we have 5 grandchildren with another on the way.  Five dogs, one cat, four rabbits and ten chickens.  YIKES!  We must be nut jobs!

What are your hobbies and interests?
Oh, my word!  How much time do you have? 
 Do you have a favorite color?
Any color created by God, especially earth tones and greens.


 Do you work outside of the home?  Yes

Are you doing anything fun for Halloween  (decoration wise)?
Our neighborhood has a wonderful Halloween tradition.  'Lots of kiddos knocking on our door!  We love it!  I'm more of an Autumn decorator than Halloween decorator.  Scarecrows, hay and pumpkins.

 What are your next goals for your blog for 2013?
Hmmm...  I would love to have your advice on this, Holli.  I'm not as Tech Savvy as I would like to be.  I feel like I need to learn or purchase a few gadgets for my humble little blog.  At some point, it would be nice to monetize, but 'not sure about the timing.  
Tell us about yourself on any topic that you feel like talking/writing about:
Well, I am:
Master Gardener
Program Coordinator for Herb Society of NWA.  I'm a total nut job about herbs, growing several. 
Featured speaker at Benton County Emergency Preparedness Fair - Herbs 101
I will be speaking at a garden club in February, same topic.

So there ya go my peeps! If you have any gardening questions regarding herbs , now you know who to go to. Marci, i believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and i'm blessed to have met you and to have a new friend.

Don't forget to drop by The Vintage Modern Wife to participate in the big giveaway!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Holli! Just stopping by to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please go here for all of the details: http://whineywife-jn.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Holli! You are The Best of The Best! Thank you! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just nominated you for the Leibster award! I love to read your blog each day and thought you deserved a nomination! Go check out my blog for more details: http://www.empressofespresso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!