Monday, October 8, 2012

My love for animals interrupted

You hear people say that you're either a Dog person or a Cat person. Well i definitely fall under the Dog person category. Truth is that i love most all animals. I even like cats but i'm so crazy allergic to them. It's sad because when i'm around cats, its like they sense that i'm an animal lover and could possibly be their friend and they come straight to me. They weave in between my legs and my best friend's cat loves to try to jump on my shoulder the whole time i'm visiting (which isnt long once the sneezes begin).
Both my parents have never been without a dog or 2 or more and had my own furry kid for 9 years. His name was Kobi and he was a Shar-pei (one of those wrinkle dogs) but he didnt get too wrinkly which was great. I had Kobi from when he was just 6 weeks old and we were a great pair for many years. He was my companion who loved going everywhere in my car. My friends and family knew that if i came out of town to visit, that Kobi had to come with me. Once i got a job that required more traveling than being home, i asked my brother if he could take Kobi. It just so happened that their dog Sage started becoming destructive when she was left alone in the house and they wanted another dog to keep her company. Kobi and Sage hit it off perfectly and they loved each other so much. I loved that Kobi was happy in Oklahoma with my brother's family and I could see him when i came to visit.  Sharing joint custody with my brother was a wonderful arrangement. Sadly a little over 2 years ago, Jeremy called me with terrible news that Kobi had a stroke and had died in his lap on the way to the vet.
I still travel quite a bit with my job as you know from many posts on this blog and still living in the apartment life. I dont think its fair that i get a new dog and leave it for my Honey to take care of in my absence. If one of us worked from home then maybe but we dont. SO, i created a board on my Pinterest and named it Adorable Animals. These are my pets for now that also includes elephants, pigs, otters, and others.
Here are a few of my favorites:




baby polar bear-awww

Oh and i have good news: My email subscription is working now. If you currently were signed up , I need you  to re-sign up again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

15 comments:

  1. What sweet furry faces! We have five dogs! My husband calls them our "other children"! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly become part of the family. My mom called Kobi her grand-dog. :)

      Delete
  2. I am also a major animal lover.We have two doggies :) Btw if you take 25 milligrams of Benadryl(must say antihistamine) at least 1/2 hr-1 hour before you visit them you should be fine,although it does cause drowsiness,be careful if you're driving,and don't drink alcohol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Benadryl does work. I just have to drive home faster to get into bed. lol. :)

      Delete
  3. A girl after my own heart. I would love to have an animal far. I want a donkey and lambs but my neighbors probably wouldn't like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My uncle had miniature donkeys and they are so fun! My dad has a horse ranch which is a lot of work. I want to own a farm too and i will have so many animals on it. Yikes!

      Delete
  4. When I was in the "not fair to a dog" situation, I had dwarf hamsters. Give 'em a lot of attention the first two weeks, and they're friends for life. Full of personality, too. But prone to addiction, especially chocolate and pepsi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of when i was 6yrs old. I had a hamster named Hannah and i fed her too much. She got stuck in one of her amazing tunnels that i bought her. I was so sad and mortified that i kinda killed my hamster.

      Delete
  5. It's always strange to me that people say you're EITHER a dog or a cat person. Why not both? I love all animals. Granted, I'd choose a dog over a cat any day, but that doesn't mean I don't like cats. You know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I love them all too, i just wished i didnt react so quickly and strongly to being allergic to cats. I'm just not a big fan of pet snakes.

      Delete
  6. Oh Holli so sorry to hear about your doggie Kobi. :(( I wish that our pets could last forever. Could you maybe get a little, little 5 pounder dog? That way you could always have your doggie w/you when you have to travel for work. I too love cats, but I am allergice as well. :( Seriously if I won the lotto, I would rescue as many dogs and cats as I could. Dogs and cats are sometimes better than most people. I don't know what I would do w/out my dogs. I have two shih tzus, Jimmy & Latte. They are fun, but keep me on my toes. They remind me of toddlers. hahah

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!