Monday, October 29, 2012

Practical Magic- Do you love it too?

So how was your weekend Y'all? Yep, i had my Halloween party and it was a BLAST!!! I have so much to tell you BUT i'm waiting on my pictures to share. My cousin was our photographer and she's been crazy busy this weekend. She's going to have my pics tonight so in meantime i wanted to share my thoughts on one of my favorite movies- Practical Magic. I own the movie on both VHS and DVD. Yesterday while recuperating after  party, we went to eat a big cheeseburger and came home to pop the movie in.
This movie came out in 1998 but was of course like most great movies, it was a book by Alice Hoffman.

The book was released in 1995.  Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman are the stars of the show but i love everyone's chacters in the movie. Practical Magic is a story about a family of witches and curse that has passed on to the them by one of their ancestors.  Stockard Channing and Dianne Weist are the aunts of Bullock and Kidman and they're so perfect for the part. I loved Stockard as Rizzo from Grease and remember Dianne Weist was in another fave movie of mine The Lost Boys.

The soundtrack is awesome and it has many classics! One of the songs that brings back tons of memories is Coconut by Harry Nilsson.  This song is played during the Midnight margaritas time and all the gals sing and dance around the kitchen table. I remember this song when i was younger (in the 70's) and it playing on the radio. My mom and i used to love singing this and it makes me smile and miss my mom all at same time.
The men in this movie are pretty yummy too. Aidan Quinn is Sandras love interest in the movie and Goran Visnjic play the bad guy and Nicole's love interest. Goran played Luka in the Tv show E.R (remember that).
This movie is funny, sad, scary, and dramatic. It's one of those perfect movies that i never get tired of.   Who doesnt love when all the ladies in town come over with their broom to help get rif of the evil spirit?!
Spoiler alert-I love at the end when all 3 generations dress up in their witch attire and jump off the roof. So cute! Anyways, i watched this yesterday and will watch it again in a few days i'm sure.


why hello handsome! Your like a crossover of Dracula and a cowboy
Put the lime  in the coconut- drink it all up

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this movie! It's always been one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great movie! My favorite part is when all the women in the town come together and OVERCOME the scary, but handsome, bad guy! Together we can conquer anything! I also like the Halloween movie with Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker... 'Can't think of the name of it right now. Better Midler sings I'll Put a Spell on You. My favorite though is... Wait for it... It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Now there's a good movie! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Now I can't get that song out of my head...(you put the lime in the coconut...) Maybe a margarita will make it go away! *snicker*

    Love that movie too!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I loved you! This is one of my fav movies of all time. When they play the song This Kiss and that whole scene makes me happy! I have two copies of this movie because I wore one out. I am watching this again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite movies! I watch it year round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously one of my favorite moves and soundtracks!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!