Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A little more on my Halloween party- oh hush it's my blog!

Yep, i'm crazy late on posting all about my awesome party that i had for Halloween. Here's the truth, i didnt take ONE SINGLE PICTURE that night. I was so busy being the greatest hostess ever that i didnt pic up my phone or camera to take pics. My sweetest cuz Lauren took soome great pics at out photo background we set up but no action party shots. Another friend took lots of my pictures of my decorations that i've been waiting on and she still hasnt sent them. I asked her for them a few times and i cant keep waiting so this is what i got. I can't even describe how every wall, piece of furniture, door, window, etc was decorated somehow.
 We served up a big pot of chili and we had all the fixin's for Frito Chili Pie. I had 6 yummy dips with bread, crackers, chips,and vegetables, a cheese and salami platter, and shrimp cocktail. I bought all kinds of different M&M's (pretzel, candy corn, peanut butter, etc) and had them all around my place in cute bowls. We rented a keg of beer and i bet i bought 12 bottles of wine. The only thing i had left was some beer from the keg. I also had bought some marshmallow Halloween peeps, some graham crackers, and chocolate bars to make smores in the garage but we forgot about it.
My honey put my old TV in the garage so the kids could play video games and have a place to hang out while the adults got their PARTAY on. It worked out great and i also have a patio in the back of my apartment to accomodate any smokers. I wore 2 different dresses throughout the night. My first one had long sleeves and i got really hot. The 2nd one was sleeveless and much cooler but not attractive for the ol bat wings under my arms. Oh well, my wine made me feel beautiful! LOL.  I had around 35 guests total and i my heart is so happy ! Nearly everyone commented a few days later on how much fun they had. I do believe i may have started something... like an ANNUAL Halloween party from now on. You wanna come over and play next year?

Honey and me. Mr and Mrs Couple of Death

My family -brother and cuz's

Sarah (my awesome sis-n-law), Lauren (my cute cuz), me

These are 2 great gals i went to high school with

My beautiful Pirate family (my bro and the girls)

Dollheads- hehe
So just to mention a little something on last night's elections, I am a firm Believer and i know that GOD has everything in his hands. We need to pray for our President and our Congress often.

12 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures! Just so you know... I am coming to your Annual Halloween Party next year and the year after that, too! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Cant wait! I hope i can meet you before next October though. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun. I haven't dressed up in years. And I gained 10 pounds reading the food list! Love you Mrs. Couple of Death

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time i really dressed up too in ages. I had so much fun so plan on coming now for next year! Love you too

      Delete
  3. OMG you looked awesome!!!! Yikes those doll heads give me the heebie geebies LOL PS hosting a giveaway on my blog! Swing over and check it out if you have time ;) http://www.marcysmustachediaries.blogspot.com/2012/11/sww-my-very-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- thanx Marcy. My Honey got the heebie jeebies when i handed them the dolls and said " here, i need you to take the heads off please". hehehe

      Delete
  4. OMG you looked so amazing!! I love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having the back drop added so much to the photos didnt it!Everyone had fun posing in front of it.
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. Great pictures girl!! Looks like a blast! I love to entertain. My friends always refer to my house as the PARTY HOUSE and I love it! I agree 100% with us needing to pray for our President that he makes the right choices and guides us in the right direction! God answers all prayers! I truly do believe that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to entertain too. I am excited to have an apartment large enough now to accomodate guests. I have a spare room too with comfy bed for those who stay overnight too.
      When you coming? Oh wait a sec- i'm coming to see you first in Colorado. After the election ,now you WILL be the party house. LOL. I'll bring the Cheeto's! Just Kidding.

      Delete
  6. I tried to take a few action shots at the very beginning, but it was too dark for any of them to turn out :(
    But nonetheless, so.much.fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, your costumes are awesome! I haven't been to a Halloween party in ages (well about 8 years, but who's counting!). You both look great!

    How's it goin' Ms. Holli?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!