Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award- i was nominated- can you believe it?

Happy Wednesday Y’all!  I have been following Lanthie at her blog Life is just a bowl of Cherries for a year now. She is the coolest chick that lives in South Africa.  She nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award yesterday. This means a lot and and i appreciate you Lanthie for thinking of me in this large blogging world.  Go check out Lanthie’s blog and tell her I sent ya!
I will tell you that I was nominated back in October by 3 different sweet bloggers for the Leibster Award and still have done nothing about it. To you 3 lovely ladies ( you know who you are), please know that my heart is so full and I danced in my head for days feeling so honored. I got so wrapped up with my Halloween party and then recently I jumped in head first into one of my weird funks that I sometimes get in, it was overwhelming to come up with answers, more questions, and to forward to other bloggers.  I will start working on that soon. But for now i will start with this award....


So the rules of the award are as follows:
  • Include award logo in blog post 
  • Thank the nominee and link back to their blog
  • Post 7 interesting facts about yourself (See below)
  • Pass the award to 7 deserving sisters

7 Interesting facts about my life:  I always find this difficult as interesting to me is not necessarily interesting to you.  But here goes:

·         I had a drillteam dance scholarship in college and I performed in the Macy’s Parade in NYC and the Orange Bowl halftime in Orlando. That was my 15 minutes claim to fame.
·         I bought my first Harley in 1999 when I was 31 yrs old but I’ve been riding since I was 4
·         My grandfather on my mom’s side was Choctaw Native American Indian and I have most of his traits. However, I also have some Spanish/Mexican from my family tree. I get asked A LOT what my ethnicity is. I know very little Spanish but I want to learn how to speak it fluently enough to get by.
·         I just recently started drinking wine around 6 years ago. I didn’t like it at first and didn’t know much about it. I got to work for almost a year in Northern California where all the wineries are and I stayed over the weekends instead of coming home so I could go wine tasting. I had lots to learn and now I love it love it love it! Red wine particularly is my favorite
·         I went to 31 different schools by the time I graduated high school.  My mom moved around A LOT!!!
·         I didn’t graduate college and quit my senior year to take a job in restaurant management. It paid the bills and then some back then. My biggest regret!!!
·         Music moves me! I seriously would be ok if I never had to watch TV again as long as I had a radio. I love almost all kinds of music but I prefer alternative and hard rock and even Christian songs. I learn lyrics to song very quickly and could kick butt playing any music trivia!

Now to nominate 7 Deserving Sisters ( very hard to choose just 7) and this is in no order..

My sweet cuz Lauren at the Crazy life of LT


Monica over at Mrs. Inappropriate




Julie at A Beautiful Day

To all my nominees- I TOTALLY get it if you dont want to play along but just know that i thought of you today. 

To the rest of all my bloggers that i follow and my followers, i love all of you and so grateful for you and your support!!



18 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you were in the Macys parade!

    31 different schools? HOLY MOLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy huh?!! And believe it or not i was very shy in most of those years and it was no picnic!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your prestigious award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CW! I really appreciate your comments and support.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Sweet Holli! Those are definitely 7 interesting facts. You have to tell more about the Macy's Parade. 'Seriously cool! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parade was an amazing moment of my life! I also went 4 years ago with a friend to be a spectator at the parade and i was just as excited.

      Delete
  4. Hi Holly
    I've given you an award - See http://www.lifecherries.com/2012/11/more-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I read your posts it freaks me out more and more chica! Ok so I hated wine up until 4 years ago when I made myself start tasting all kinds of different types just to be able to find something! I like the the white and the red Moscato! Now I'm hooked! You have to try the Sangria! My Grandfather on my Dad's side is 80% Native American Indian! He grew up in Taos New Mexico!I"m Indian,Spanish and Mexican and freaking out on how much we have in COMMON!! I love to dance and use to be pretty good at it too! I ride ATV"s and would love to own a Harley someday!! Girl I could NOT LIVE without music! Seriously I would die! My girlfriends keep telling me I need to make my next tattoo the music note and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it! I've been checking them out and found a few that I love! I see that you nominated me for the Sisterhood of the world bloggers award and I am truly honored! I would love to play and will do so tonight when I get home! As always is was a pleasure chatting with you today my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we could go get our tattoos together. I'm having a music note tattoo for my dad. I dont have details worked out yet.
      Love you sister from another mother!! :)

      Delete
  6. Your the bomb dot com! I love you! We are sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, there Sweet Holli! 'Just wanted to let you know that my award post was just published! Thanks again! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!I'm all about supporting my blog angels. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, Holli! Marci sent me. (that sounds like some kind of clandestine operation--ya know, knocking on a blank door, and a little window opens, and you say, very quietly "Marci sent me")
    Loved reading all your interesting facts. We moved about the same number of times, I went to four schools in one school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! Thank you for stopping by and doing what you're told by Marci. LOL. I love that Marci girl!!
      Moving around i guess built character- dont you think?

      Delete
  9. Holli!! congrats on the award! :) it's so exciting to recognized by your peers:) i LOVVEE the blogging community! Also, you moved 31 school! WOW! and I thought I had moved alot! lol..i went to the same schools pretty much, just we moved homes alot..within the same area when i was a kid/teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, thank you for nominating me! You are such a sweetheart! I love you!

    Secondly, I'm so sorry for not being here to accept it ON TIME! My laptop has been down more than up these days! It's hard to post from my phone or I just don't know how...

    Thank you, thank you!

    Congratz on the award for yourself as well!

    I will post about this as soon as I'm able. It may not be for a couple more weeks but I will!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!