Monday, November 19, 2012

Hey there- It's just me

I still have a funk, writers block, holiday blues- whaatever you want to call it but i thought i would try to squeeze out a few sentences that mght make sense. I've already lost 2 followers this past week. I'll talk a little about my weekend.  I had last Friday off as vacation day and i have all the Friday's off until end of the year. Sweet! I still could not sleep late because it's just this total rebellion my body likes to do with myself when it's a vacation day. So i got up early and watched a few of the Ellen shows that i had saved on DVR. Ellen makes me laugh and she has the best guests on her show! After being lazy on the couch for a few hours i got up and found the nearest Nordstrom's Rack near my place. I had a coupon to use there and i needed to get my stepmom a birthday gift. I spent almost 2 hours there. I totally got in a zone and wandered around the whole store. I tried on dozens of shoes but didnt buy any. I grabbed a shirt and bracelet for myself and some cute pajamas and STILA lipgloss set for Deb (stepmom).  After i left Nordstroms i came across a garage sale on my way home and totally scored! I grabbed a small footstool for 5$ that i want to recover, a few shirts that were a dollar that i'm gonna cut up in strips to make some banners, a cute apron, some crafting scissors, and tin tower that are compartments to store craft stuff in.  I was a happy camper on my way home for sure.
Saturday morning my Honey and i helped my cousin move into her newest apartment. We both drove our vehicles so we could fill them both up with her stuff during the move.  It went real well and we got done pretty quickly. I looked like Sanford and Sons again when i left her place because she had a couch, chairs,and various crap piled in my truck that she needed me to haul off and donate to our local charity.
Later that night was a dinner and a movie. My Honey and i were undecided between Lincoln or Skyfall but we ended up with Skyfall because of the action. I would have slept through Lincoln because i was tired from getting up early and moving. If you havent seen it yet- GO Now!! It was a great movie and one of the best Bond movies i've seen. Adele sings the cover song for it.

Yesterday was a simple day. We went to church, had lunch with a friend after church and then vegged on the couch watching football . I worked on a few crafts on the couch while watching football so i was a little productive. I also caught the music awards last night and was blown away with Pink's performance! Did you catch it? She made Singing while doing gymnastics look easy and graceful.

My crafts i'm making with my gazillion wine corks i own

Sequined shirt makes great strips for banner
I'm working today and tomorrow and then off the rest of the week.  I will be volunteering for my 14th year in a row feeding the homeless on Thanksgiving and i love it so much. I'm usually done around 2pm and then i'll meet my Honey and his parents place. I'm not sure if there's anything i need to get in line for at 4am for Black Friday but i may come up with something. What about you? 
Happy Thanksgiving my sweet sweet blogger friends and followers!

14 comments:

  1. Don't worry too much about losing followers - it happens to us all.

    Shia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right I know. I think it was their timing that did it- they dropped me when i was in my funk. All though who can blame them when i'm all poopy over here. LOL Circle of life.

      Delete
  2. 'Love the wine cork craft! Super Cute! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fun to drink the wine too in order to have the corks. HAHA

      Delete
  3. Losing followers is nothing. It happens and they obviously are really stupid! And boring and sucky and now I want to kick their asses! I love you! It's a funk kinda of month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better that you have my back! It normally doesnt bother me when someone unfollows me but i guess i'm being more sensitive than usual. Love you too sweet girl!!

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! I WANT ONE OF THOSE KEY RINGS! I'll even send you another cork! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your corks for sure but I will send you one anyway! Hugs

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It makes me so happy to see the regulars year to year. I get so many hugs that my heart is full for weeks.

      Delete
  6. I totally agree the corkscrew rocks!!! thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much- they're fun to make

      Delete
  7. From reading blogs, I am starting to realize that maybe I need to start hitting up garage sales....maybe I can tag along one day?!?! And I already told you how I feel about that cork keep chain....CRAFTASTIC!!!!! As far as the lost followers.....don't think another thing about it. It happens to everyone. You will gain them back and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As if you weren't awesome enough, you volunteer your Thanksgiving holiday with those less fortunate. Where do you go? Maybe next year I can join in on the fun, I'd love to do it. Enjoy your weekend, sending big hugs your way!!!!

    Nicole @ Three 31

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!