Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm linking up for the Craft Swap

Last month Jamie with CRAFT ( creating really awesome free things) hosted a Craft swap with 100 bloggers. Due to Hurrican Sandy messing many things up, we had to postpone until this month.
Each of us were paired up with another swapper to send a package for anything crafty. I got paired up with Stephanie at Geek in Glasses and I really enjoyed getting to know her. I also became a sponsor to her blog as well. We have until the 20th to link up so i wanted to do it today. My package was so great.

She put in some blank cards and some alphabet stamps, some wooden snowmen and white glitter, a baggie of scrap papers and stickers to use on my cards, and 2 pieces of scrap material with bird cages on because I LOVE BIRDCAGES!  What i'm also excited about is the cute leather bow bracelet that she made (and included a tutorial on her blog), with 2 of the cutest bobby pins that have gray bows glued to them.
I mailed Stephanie a gift card to Joann's fabric store, a clipboard with scrap paper to cover it, a cookie cutter and cupcake sleeves,  and the makings of a leaf garland. I included printouts from Pinterest with the ideas to use what i sent.

Let's face it, I think we've all participated in some swaps and received crappy stuff on our end. It was such a relief to get a fun package that had thought and fit me to a "T"!  Thank you Stephanie!

I'm signed up for 2 more swaps soon that are ornament swaps. After those , I'm done for the rest of the year with swaps. They can get expensive when you sign up for a lot at same time which i kinda did.

Happy Friday Y'all!! Today is my sweet Daddy's birthday and we're celebrating with him and some family tonight. Tomorrow my cuz Lauren and I are going to a fun junkin and crafty fair  and i cant wait! I'll tell you all about it.


15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the leather bow bracelet too! And you sent a Joann's giftcard---what an exciting thing to get in the mail!!! Thanks for participating in October PP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun tonight with your family Chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! Are you recovering from last night with the girls? haha
      Enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  3. Looks like you got a great box...all the fixins for holiday cards. It is great when you do a swap and the other person actually takes the time to get to know you so that you receive something that you are actually excited about. Have fun junkin this weekend and I am going to be researching the class that we talked about, so stay tuned!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to see what you find for us. IF you can get out and play tomorrow, we'll be in Arlington.
      x0x0

      Delete
  4. I love swaps but I got the shaft once so I am always leary of them but I do it a couple times. Enjoy this! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh... That was great box of goodies. That bracelet is awesome. I'm participating in my first swap this month, thanks to YOU, Holli! I'm super excited, but a little nervous, too. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So proud of you Marci. It will be fun!

      Delete
  6. What a haul!! I haven't done any swaps yet, but now I'm thinking about it lol

    Happy to be a new follower!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I was part of the October Package Pal and I loved it!! So you mentioned that you are participating in an ornament swap: that sounds really interesting! Where could I sign up for that? Any suggestions? :) THanks! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there- we were paired up last week for the ornament swap so it's too late for that one. I just saw another one on a post today. Let me find it and i'll get back with you.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a lot of fun!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!