Saturday, December 8, 2012

Part one of my vacation weekend-Dickens on the Strand

Hi my most awesome beautiful followers! I have missed every one of you this past week. I took off last Friday and Monday for a nice long weekend with my honey. Losing 2 days of work though i was so buried over my head this week catching up, i didnt have one minute to blog.  We drove to Galveston, Texas and had the most amazing vacation. We spent Friday and Saturday in Galveston and most of the Sunday afternoon there  before we spent Sunday night in Houston. It just so happens that the weekend we picked was also the weekend that Dickens on the Strand takes place. This is kinda a big deal and people drive from all over to participate in this tradition. It was the 200th birthday for Charles Dickens and we got to sign a birthday card. It was so much fun and we spent hours hanging out down there.
I took a gazillion pictures with my phone and there was a fun parade of all people in character. So this post is really just sharing a bunch of photos with y'all. I'll post later this week with more pictures and to tell you more about my awesome weekend with Todd. Enjoy your weekend and big hugs to you.



I seriously have the fattest knees here. Yikes

Me and Captaon Jack Sparrow










part of the Steam Punk group. Unusual!!

6 comments:

  1. W O W ! ! What amazing costumes! Thanks for all the cool photos. I don't remember the last time I read one of Dickens' books. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holli,

    My name is Vanessa and I am part of the blogging outreach team for Pretty Muddy Women's Mud Run. http://www.prettymuddywomensrun.com/

    We would love to discuss possibly working with you for our 2013 race in Dallas. Please email me if you are interested in more info

    Thanks!
    Vanessa
    vmariscal@wisc.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks awesome and you guys look like you are having a great time! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that looks awesome and I especially like Jack Sparrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome time!! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!