Sunday, January 6, 2013

I did it! I jumped on the ol "word" bandwagon

So after i climbed out of my holiday fog and returned to my blog ( i just rhymed) i began reading post after post on several blog's about their word for the year. Its supposed to be that word that will reflect your upcoming year resolution with positive changes.  At first i had no desire to come up with a word but then after reading more blogs and mentioning their word- i do have to admit i felt compelled to this as well.
Are you ready for it? My word is not very complex but truly one of my favorites that i'm always drawn to. My word is "JOY". That simple!
 Here is the Merriam-Webster's definition of Joy:: the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : delight
b : the expression or exhibition of such emotion : gaiety
2: a state of happiness or felicity : bliss 3
: a source or cause of delight .
I already know that i will have loads of Joy in 2013. My goal is to also BRING Joy to others. My pastor spoke one time about Joy Givers and Joy Suckers. Let's face it we all know those people who are seriouls Joy Suckers. Whatever you say that person will give its negative spin on it. I dont ever want to be a Joy Sucker! I'm pretty lucky that i wake up almost everyday in a pretty good mood. I hope to remind myself daily that we're all going through something and just a smile, a compliment, a hug could bring Joy to so many.
Pinned Image
Tomorrow (Monday)  i am part of a wonderful giveaway at Jennifer's blog Busy Being Jennifer.  We're talking about Target gift cards peeps. Who doesnt love Target?
Well, my weekend has totally flown by but it was a good one. Happy Sunday Y'all!! Muah!

14 comments:

  1. Seriously, I see more and more bloggers picking a word for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know. Just couldnt resist. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. EXACTLY!!! I should blog about that whole funny story.

      Delete
  3. JOY definitely suits you! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so because i really do love the word.

      Delete
  4. I found your blog through the Busy Being Jennifer Target giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAy Kelly Ann!! So happy to have you stop by. Good luck with the giveaway. Since i'm playing i cant win and i love me some target!

      Delete
  5. Joy! What an awesome pick! :) happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy is such an awesome word! I can't do the replies thing over on the blog (yes I am so not techno), and so I thought I'd go ahead and answer you here, if that is ok. (answered you there too, just not as a reply). It would be with my PatTs Shirts & More business (www.facebook.com/pattsshirts). Mostly our etched glass, and rhinestone bling shirts. But I'm sure we would have some other goodies along with us too. Have a wonderful week. Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know you to be joyful! def a joy giver Holli! :) Happy new year! I haven't chosen a word.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!