Monday, January 14, 2013

Just Go For The Cake...

I attended a Bridal Wedding Show yesterday in Ft Worth, TX and I really did have so much fun. This was my first Bridal show and i had no idea what to expect.  It was a neat situation because my friend Kimi met me there and also her daughter Kati and Kati’s best friend Emily. Emily is also getting married so 2 sets of best friends to check out the wedding stuff made it special.  Remember in my last post that I had to make a decision by last Friday on my venue’s for them to hold my date so I made my decision and gave them my deposit. I am officially committed to a venue and wedding date! WOOHOO!! That alone relieved some stress and now the fun planning can begin.
Once I got to the exhibition building where the show was being held, in the main hall they had a table set up to print out address labels with your phone number, address and wedding date on stickers. They were selling them 4.00$ for 30 or 6$ for 60 so I got 60 printed out. This was a BRILLIANT idea y’all!! There were over 100 vendors who were almost all doing a giveaway if you signed up. With the label you didn’t have to fill out all the forms, just slap a sticker on it and DONE!
Since I already had a venue locked down, I was interested in cakes, invitations, dresses, and tuxedos for Todd. I have never tried so many cake samples in my lifetime and I loved every second of it! I kinda got a sugar headaches and have to step away towards the end. One of the most fun parts of the day was the 5 photo booths that was there. This is one of the newest ideas now that are all the rage. It’s like the ones you’ve seen at malls and roller rinks and now you can rent them for your weddings. The benefit is that your guests actually go home with pics in hand instantly. I thought they were crazy expensive and will not be renting one for my wedding but I still signed up to win a rental (free is good and wouldn’t turn it down). 
I also came up with a bag so heavy from all the pamphlets and brochures and free swag. I got a bride stress ball, a big fake diamond ring key chain, some nail polish, lipgloss, a jar with candy, a manicure set, some spiced pecans, bottle of water, a tiny stuffed teddy bear, a votive magnolia candle, lots of candy and my fave- a wedding planner booklet.  I didn’t stay for the wedding gown fashion show because we needed to leave and eat real food to replace all the cake. I did make an appointment at David’s Bridal for an extra 50$ off coupon  towards dress if we booked yesterday for day before March.  I did come home with business card of a really cool place to print my invitations so I’m very happy about that. I got a few coupons for Todd’s suit or tuxedo and i walked away with some ideas for decorating.
I really want to go to another Bridal Show if there is one in DFW metroplex.  If anything to get free swag and eat some of the best cakes around!!!
All in All my weekend was a great one and I’m getting excited more and more about my wedding planning.
I have some fun photos to share but Blogger is acting weird. Have any of you had problems lately with adding photos? What's your work around if so?

Happy Monday Y’all!!!

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Cake! What is your favorite cake? There are so many options. My daughter chose red velvet for her wedding. It was a November wedding. The flower arrangements were Autumn colors, but mostly red. The cake was stunning with the Autumnal centerpiece. I know your wedding will be as wonderful as you are! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave was the Italian Cream Cake. It was heavenly!! My colors will be orange and silver. I'm starting to get excited now and having fun with the planning. Thank you for the sweetest comments. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. SO glad that you are feeling a little less stress and a lot more excitement. I am always up for a good bridal show if you need some company on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heck ya girlie let's go! There should be some more popping up soon. Go Cake!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are well on your way in the planning process. Yes, I'm having trouble uploading pics on blogger too. I work around it by using the HTLM button. You can upload pics that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok i will have to play around with that for next post. I'm still not so savvy with all the posting details. Thank you for the tip. :)

      Delete
  4. Or you can upload them to picassa and then down load from compose off picassa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used Picassa before. Guess i'll have to give it a try. Thank you

      Delete
  5. wow, that sounds amazing!!! Glad you had fun and books a place and date! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to find another show to attend. LOL. Next on list is to find dress. Wish me luck.

      Delete
  6. Hey Grats! I know Im late... sorry! I LOOOOVVVE Bridal shows! I go anytime I can... so many good giveaways on trips and such!

    I do have a question - Im doing a Feb Love series focusing on wedding photography for the blog... would you be willing to help me with it? I want a brides perspective... no big deal :)
    Have a great day!
    Vertephoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!