Monday, January 28, 2013

My weekend I registered!!!

This weekend was so fun for one main reason, we registered at Macy’s.  I had so much fun picking out items together that we both want and need. The scanner was so cool to carry around and scan all the stuff.  It really was such a big deal for me because i've always been on the buying end asking for a printout. I'm trying to savor all my special moments and my FIRST and ONLY experiences.
I don’t think we went too crazy because you know- we’re old and we have most stuff already. What we DO need is matching dishes though. We both had our own apartments before moving in together and we had each had un-matching hand me downs for dishes and mine came from thrift stores. Bedding and dishes were the main highlight but it was fun to ask for a few things like a nice hand mixer and electric can opener.

I also want to register at Bed, Bath and Beyond because my Mom doesn’t have a Macy’s in Montana. They have great kitchen gadgets and my friends and family can use coupons.
I did stop buy a thrift store this weekend because I’m looking for ideas for my centerpieces. They sometimes have great vases and bottles. I didn’t find anything this time but I almost bought this cheesy cowboy hat that said Bride. It was dirty and I don’t know what I would do with it so I passed.

One thing I did find is this metal wire heart basket. I’ll be spray painting it and this is what I’m gonna use for the wedding cards. I found it at Marshall’s for 7 dollars! I cant wait to paint it.
I received 2 more brooches for my brooch bouquet.  I'm so excited that many of my friends want to send me a brooch that i can use for my bouquet.  It's like everyone will be walking down the aisle with me.  Are any of you interested? I would be so honored if any of my followers wanted to participate in my brooch bouquet for my wedding. Just something to think about it....


So how was your weekend?

21 comments:

  1. Ooh registering FUN FUN! Love the brooch bouquet idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ive watched a few youtubes on how to make the bouquet so wish me luck. I'm so excited.

      Delete
  2. What an exciting time! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like loads and loads of fun! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am trying to enjoy all these moments. I had fun with the scanner.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It really is. I feel being old now and getting married for the first time, i'm very sentimental.

      Delete
  5. Your broach bouquet is going to be so beautiful. I am so excited for you. It is all happening and registering for gifts is just the beginning. Enjoy your time as a bride and all the excitement leading up to your special day. I am so glad you are sharing your experiences here! ♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kathy is really is exciting. Overwhelming but still very exciting. I'm glad to share my experiences and i enjoy peoples feedback. I cant wait to see what my bouquet will end up looking like.

      Delete
  6. How wonderful for you. I wish you all the happiness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much for the well wishes. It means A lot to me.

      Delete
  7. Super cute idea with the broaches! Congrats on registering!

    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of a brooch bouquet until i got engaged. They are popular now. I cant wait!

      Delete
  8. How exciting!! I remember registering for both wedding and baby and it was fun! Oh, I LOVE the broach bouquet idea. I will have to keep my eyes opened for one I can send ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome!! I felt like a princess while registering. Is that crazy? I had so much fun.

      Delete
  9. I remembering registering at Macy's when we were getting married :) I love the brooch idea! Saw your post on blogaholic and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts! You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am following you now. Thanks for stopping by. The brooch idea has made me so happy. My friends and family have donated such pretty brooches to me and it warms my heart.

      Delete
  10. Hey, congrats! Wish you both the best of luck!

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much!!! It's pretty crazy and fun and wonderful.

      Delete
  11. How fun is this? I went ape shit crazy with my wedding registry but was worse when I was prego! It's do fun getting present from people you love.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!