Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Some songs that I'm connecting with

I'm sure you can tell  by now with all my posts about concerts i attended and listening to bands at bars that MUSIC moves me! I cant live without it! I love all types too. I listen to Pop and Hard Rock and Country throughout the day.  There are a few songs lately that i really connect to the lyrics which makes me like the song more. Have you ever loved the sound and music to a song and when you learn the words you're like WTF i'm not singing that?! The opposite can happen to where i'm not so crazy about the music but when i hear some of the lines i'm like hmm i can possibly like the song more.
One song i wanted to share some lines with is Carry On by Fun.
Not all the lyrics are my fave but i really like this part:

Cause we are
We are shining stars
We are invincible
We are who we are
On our darkest day
When we're miles away
So we'll come
We will find our way home

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

The second song that i turn up on the radio right now is Madness by Muse.  I really like most all songs by Muse and they're coming to Dallas very soon. I'm on very tight budget to pay for my wedding so i'm not sure if i'll be going.  Anyway here is the song that you can groove in your chair to while listening with me.


Happy Tuesday Y'all!!!

19 comments:

  1. Fun I liked... Muse is a bit techno for my uncultured tastes, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This song by Muse is especially more techno too compared to most of their other songs.

      Delete
  2. I'm obviously getting old - never heard of either I'm afraid. Will make a point on getting my kids to download it though so I can listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The band is considered POP and Muse is more alternative rock. Hope you like them.

      Delete
  3. I DIG that Muse song. I have a whole slow groove dance thang that I get into when it comes on the radio and my kids run and hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you sister! My fiance laughs everytime the song comes on because i slip into my serious dance moves. LOL. It's comical!

      Delete
  4. I love some Muse! Will have to check out the other one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muse was on Saturday Night Live recently and played that song. It was so cool because they had this unusual electronic guitar i've never seen before.

      Delete
  5. I am groovin' in my chair! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I cant help but dance in my chair at work when i hear certain songs.

      Delete
  6. Ok I'm a nerd! I was listening to "Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more no, no more, no more,no more, hit the road jack AND DON'T YOU COME BACK NO MORE!" May be an oldie but is defiantly a goodie..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that is a good song! I like it all especially the classics.

      Delete
  7. I wish I was more up to date on music. I really suck at it. I had no clue who France's and the Machine was and everyone at work almost fell out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cute are you- It's Florence and the Machine! LOL. I just love ya to pieces! I try to stay current with the latest because of my 2 teenage stepkids too. What kind of music do you generally listen to?

      Delete
  8. I totally danced in my chair to that Muse song!!! Thanks for sharing. These two are going into my download queue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY- i love introducing new music to people.

      Delete
  9. Awesome tunes. Thanks for sharing them!


    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything music so I love this post! especially the muse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muse is always awesome! And I'm currently in love with that Fun. song. So good.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!