Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Tunes Blog Hop- come link up and spread the word


welcome to the very first installment of tuesday tunes with holli ( me) and lauren
we're sooooo glad you're here!
what's it all about?
well, lauren and i have a serious love for the music. Both of us have very diverse tastes. Music is what helps me get through my day Y'all!
so we want you to start linking up posts each week about a song/band/album that's really rocking your world. 
you don't have to dedicate a whole post to it....



First song i want to post just makes me smile and dance in my chair when i hear it. It's a pop song with a little rap and oh my it is fun!!!
It's called Thrift Shop by Macklemore (feat Wanz).  Here are a few of the lyrics from the chorus ( oh and there is a bit of language in the real song and not dubbed out on radio).

I'm gonna pop some tags- Only got twenty dollars in my pocket-I-I-I'm hunting , looking for a comeup, This is f**king awesome.
I wear your granddad's clothes- I look incredible- I'm in this big ass coat from thaat thrift shop down the road

This next song is completely different and much more mellow but the words really get to me. It's TRY by Pink.    Some lyrics from this song: Funny how the heart can be deceiving more than just a couple times, Why do we fall in love so easy? even when its not right.

Wanna hear something so funny/weird? lauren also posted about the same song today by Pink. We had no idea that we were thinking the same but it happens quite often in our conversations.

Ok so this IS a blog hop so link in.



12 comments:

  1. This looks like a blast!!! If I can just think up a song...I am so linking up Holli!!! How fun. I bet this hop really takes off. Now to do a little rocking and cruise youtube! ♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be any song of any era!! You have a song in your heart now i'm sure. Thank you so much commenting.

      Delete
  2. Hubby and I heard that Thriftshop song for the first time over the weekend. It has a catchy beat! And love that Pink song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay i'm glad you liked them both. Not all my music choices appeal to many but thats the beauty of sharing.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I want to play, but I don't have a song downloaded. 'Gotta figure out how to do that!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. S W E E T ! ! Thanks for the tips! I have a song and it's linked! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it worked out. Now you can play every week with us. Woohoo!

      Delete
  5. I have been hearing references to your ganddads style. Now I understand. I am glad I hopped over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. This blog hop is for Tuesday's so come anytime!!!

      Delete
  6. lmao.... The Thrift Shop is my current favorite song!! This is going to sound horrible but my kids introduced me to it!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that song I'm coming home. I like all versions The original P Diddys and the solo with the piano

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I made it this week. I have tunes up on my blog for the hop. Hope you will visit. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!