Monday, February 11, 2013

I said YES to the Dress this weekend! Yippee

Yep it's true. After 3 different bridal shops and trying on dozens of dresses , i finally narrowed it down and made my choice. Its on order now and expected in the store by May 27. They mentioned it would most likely come in sooner though. I ended up making my decision at David's Bridal.
 I fell in love with 4 dresses overall and it was hard making my decision. Thank goodness i had my besties with me to help with the process. My cousin Lauren, my step-mom Deb, and my BFF's Diana and Kimi were with me the whole day for support. We had so much fun and some of the other groups would join in our conversations because we were having such a good time. My main focus was "can i dance in it" because i plan on dancing the night away at my wedding!
I know you want me to show you the dress i ended up with but i cant post it. My honey pie -fiance reads my blog every now and then so no spoiler alerts! I can tell you that my girls decided ivory was better with my skin tone than white and it's halter style around my neck. Its not very poufy like Cinderalla and it doesnt have a lot of bling on it except one piece on hip.
What i WILL show you are the other top contenders that i did NOT end up with.  A few of these were a tad out of my budget and will this girl is paying for her own wedding along with fiance. There are so many funny stories that happened throughout the day that i will share later. I also got super emotional after the very first dress but then was good for rest of the day. I think it was just all the excitement and being anxious leading up to this day. Well, i did cry one more time regarding my Dad but then i was good for rest of day.



Me and Deb (stepmom)

Kimi,Lauren,me,Di,Deb
Happy Monday Y'all!!!

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so much Lanthie. Some of the dresses made me feel like Cinderella- a true princess.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a blast. Congrats on choosing a dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt imagine i would have so much fun but i had a blast. I think its my age. I was very relaxed and knew my friends would help me out. The younger gals around me seemed so serious!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!!! Looks like you were having the time of your life! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy. I want to enjoy all these moments. I had so much fun with the dresses.

      Delete
  4. You are so beautiful, Holli! Congrats on finding the perfect dress! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww my friend you're wonderful! I know i wasnt in a hurry and didnt feel pressured to find a dress but i'm so glad i did. I'm so excited.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun experience! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I had tons of fun with my girls and the pretty dresses!

      Delete
  6. So glad that you found "the one". You are going to make a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang it! I want to see! I guess I will wait! But I bet you are gorg! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun!!! congrats and congrats!!! bet you will be beautiful!! My daughter was married a little over a yr ago and also used davids bridal...they made the alterations perfectly! good luck with everything!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm so glad you had fun and found something you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I love David's Bridal that's where I got my dress. Can't wait to see which one you picked!

    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
  11. awhh im so glad you found a dress! it sounds so pretty! can't wait to see it from your big day!! you look so happy and that makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!