Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wedding registry and my weekend for dresses is FINALLY here!

This past weekend  we got a lot accomplished towards the upcoming wedding. Our venue we chose has 3 caterers that we HAVE to choose from that they will allow in their facility. So over the last few weeks we got our quotes from all of them and made our choice. I gave Todd the catering department  so he could have a hand in the planning and organizing. This Saturday we got to have a taste test of the items we chose off the menu and I’m so happy with our decision. It was so yummy and they were super friendly to work with.  Believe it or not,  it was cheaper to do a full meal then to do a bunch of appetizers.  I’m learning so much about this wedding stuff.  If you’re in the Dallas area our caterer is named Guess who’s coming to Dinner.
After we left the caterer we decided to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to register there as well. Did you know they even have China? What was even better is that we could order our exact china pattern that we found last week at Macy’s. I really want our guests to be able to use the coupons from BBandB  so I’m taking many things off our Macy’s list.  We also found our bedding set that we both REALLY liked a lot there too.  Let’s face it, most all my friends and family are a budget so the least expensive option is the best.   While we were getting started and they had us programmed in their system, I got so excited when I saw our names on the scanner machine. As the attendant was explaining how to use it, etc  I said “ wait I want a picture of our names”. Todd was so embarrassed and said Really?! Oh well, I’m not letting him steal my Joy from this moment. The guy was really nice and I asked him to take our picture of us too. Todd has the same exasperated look on his face like get this over with. hahaha .


I’m done with registering and had so much fun.  This weekend though is what I’ve been patiently waiting for: MY DRESS!!!! EEEKKKK. I can barely sit still from excitement and anticipation.  I have 2 appointments on Saturday in Dallas at some bridal shops. My stepmom Deb will be joining me and a few of my closest girlfriends are meeting me there.  I will tell you all about it next week for sure. Keep your fingers crossed that I find my most perfect dress that makes me look and feel beautiful and like a princess.
Happy Wednesday y’all!

19 comments:

  1. So excited for you , sweet lady! I hope that you find the most beautiful of dresses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I will send you pic if i end up finding the dress of my dreams.

      Delete
  2. Wedding dress shopping is SOOOOOOO much fun!!! Take tons of pics and make sure that the dress you choose is the one that makes you feel perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally will. I feel like i have time (wedding is August) so i dont want to rush and grab anything. This is my one and only wedding ,it just has to be perfect.

      Delete
  3. Visiting from the Great Blog Train...congrats on your upcoming wedding! Dress shopping was one of my favorite experiences with my daughters. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I know its going to be a very special day. I'm sad my mom lives in Montana and wont be there though.

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! I think that is super cute that you wanted the pic of the scanning gun!

    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little things in life right? i know i'm a dork! I embrace it now. hehe

      Delete
  5. whoohoo! How exciting!!! Did you know you can "register" with some wedding photographers as well and guests can basically put money towards your photography bill or additional prints/sessions?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe how exciting!! Love the photo and hopefully we will get a sneak peak at the dress.. weeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it's all coming together!!! Dress shopping will be awesome!!! Have a mimosa or two to calm your nerves. Just not too many that you choose some crazy thang that Pamela Anderson would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must post pics of the dresses you like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun weekend! BTW... You will make ANY dress look stunning! Have fun shopping! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so giddy with excitement. I know you are beyond the moon. Remember to just enjoy it. You are going to be a beautiful bride. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are having so much fun and making so many wonderful memories. Trying on your dress is one of those priceless moments. Enjoy every single minute of this special time in your life! ♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Registering is so much fun! Good luck dress shopping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awhh so exciting! lol you made me laugh. I'd totally be like you taking a pic of your names on the registry..just documenting all the little things :) do you have an idea of what kind of style of dress you want? I love watching say yes to the dress ..im like, ok i like that one and that part, nope not that one at all! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound so excited. Congrats and good luck dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative post Thanks for sharing with you, I appreciate this information thank you again for sharing information like this!……..
    florist

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!