Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weekend Rides

My whole weekend was spent on the Harley and it was so nice. People who ride can tell you that its free therapy.  Some call it Wind Therapy. Since I’m the passenger now and now riding my own, I have hours to think , pray, listen to my ipod and just appreciate being outdoors.  Saturday, my CMA chapter participated in a  local clothes drive in Dallas that another bike club was sponsoring. One of my dear biker buddies that I used to hang with years ago was there and it was so nice to see him and introduce him to my fianc√©. Come to find out, he actually is the president now of his local chapter. Good times!
On Sunday we took the Harley to church because we were meeting another group of friends afterwards  that live in ft worth. So we already had a nice ride in before we technically got started.  The day was beautiful with blue skies and got up to high 60’s but the wind was fierce!!  I’m not  a fan of long windy days like that but we didn’t know. Oh well!  We rode about 2 hours one way to get to our lunch destination in Granbury, then we had nice ride on winding roads for another hour until we started our ride back home.  We had around 10 bikes in our group but then we met with other group that put us around 18 bikes at one time. Pretty cool.   The only bad part was that I didn’t wear a mask around my nose and mouth and when its crazy windy, I need to do that. I woke up Monday morning with all out migraine.  Gulping air for 8 hours like a dog with head out the window is not good for the allergies.  One of our friends looks like the General from those commercials and his helmet even has 4 stars. How funny is that?!



cool paint job from bike fundraiser

Pitstop to pee and for pie


The General in red

4stars on helmet

another stop to stretch and view was lake

My honey in chaps. Yum!

Stumpy's on Lake Granbury

Great day to eat on patio (fried catfish)

I'm tightening my helmet because it was so windy

The back of our bike in group
Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Great pics! Where did you pit stop for pee and pit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate at Lone camp Depot. Had the coconut cream pie and it was heavenly!!

      Delete
  2. me personally, it terrifies me to even think about getting on a bike. Props to you lady!! I love seeing the biker groups though, it's really neat! love the photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been riding since i was 4 so its kinda all i know. Its not for everyone and i get that. I love it!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed with all the charity work you do. You have such a giving spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Its really a big part of the biking community too. Lots of fundraisers.

      Delete
  4. I've never even been on a bike myself, but my mom and her ex-husband used to ride all the time. She swears it is the best thing in the world and says she misses it so much all the time. Not sure I can be convinced enough to give it a try...but maybe someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know its not for everyone but it sure brings me great JOY! If you lived near by , i would let my fiance give you a ride. Its fun!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun ride! My gal was a former biker and used to go to all the big rallies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and so blessed that my fiance is a biker too. Its in my blood.

      Delete
  6. looks like a fun time being in the wind and outdoors! :) that therapy/bike photo was funny...my therapy is sometimes shopping (eeks!) and writing letters..i just love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping is always good therapy too Chica!!! I'll write you a letter. :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful pictures of your adventure. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are you based in Texas? My brother is out there and i thought if he was anywhere near you, you could give each other a shout.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!