Monday, March 4, 2013

Girl loves some BBQ

Hey Y'all how was your weekend? My Honey and I took Friday off to get away for the weekend. We drove to Wimberley which is in "Hill Country".  Hill Country is around Austin and its filled with the cutest little towns with so much history AND wineries!!! On our way down we stopped at one my most favorite Bar B Que restuarants that is amazing. There is a small local chain around Austin and its suburbs with only 3 locations called the Salt Lick. The big one is in Dripping Springs and it also has a small winery next to the restuarant. Remember 2 years ago my friend Lesley from Chicago flew down and we did the Texas Trail of wineries. We stopped at this location then.
I love me some beef brisket and some pork ribs so i had the combo. I didnt eat even half of it because i wanted to save room for the peach cobbler dessert (splitting with Honey) and needed to wine taste next door. I will have to split up my weekend over the next few days so beware of lots of pics.





I had so much fun and besides the cost of meals and gas ( and my wine), its an inexpensive weekend getaway!  See ya tomorrow with some Tunes for the link up.

19 comments:

  1. I am so envious of you. I could think of nothing better to do than a weekend away on a Harley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanthie , i am blessed. There is really is no words to describe how wonderful , fun and therapeutic the bike rides are. I wish i could get all my blogger friends here and have my Honey take all of you on rides. BUT i want to come to Africa and see you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isnt it!!! I had total meat-fest. LOL

      Delete
  3. If it wasn't for the pesky little g'daughters, that is where I would move to. My favorite spot in the whole wide world is the Hill Country. I do believe I'm jealous. Just call me Kermit...ribbid! Mmmm...that makes me think of ribs...lol!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Honey always said from the start when we began dating that he wants to retire to Hill Country so i need to be ready for that. I'm OK with that decision and cant wait for 30 more years to ger here. LOL

      Delete
  4. i've heard marvelous things about salt lick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a trip we WILL be taking! Theres also one in Round ROck not far from Cody.

      Delete
  5. YOu sure do make the most of life. That is awesome!!! Hey, I sat on a Harley this weekend. WHOO HOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?Woohoo for sure!! sitting on it is a start. Next you need to ride around the block on one.Come to Dallas and you can ride ours! :)

      Delete
  6. OMG! I cannot wait until you read my blog post tomorrow. Your post fits perfectly. You will laugh or I hope you will. Until then, send BBQ asap! love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- too funny! Love you sister and i will add this to our list of things to do when you come visit. Salt Lick BBQ for sure.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a lot of fun, love the pics. I need a get a way somewhere... Ahh this winter won't ever end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you sweety! Texas is a great place to be for the winters for sure. We never get buried in snow. Now in the summer you will hear me crying because its brutally hot here and i hate it!

      Delete
  8. It looks like you had an amazing time!! Awesome pictures.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, it was so fun and relaxing and nothing specific on the agenda. Just go with what comes up. Fortunately the Salt Lick was on our minds for lunch.

      Delete
  9. I hate you! Haha! You just got me drooling. I love good BBQ! Hill Country is so much fun.

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, now you know how i feel when you were posting a week ago about the delicious burgers and tots! LOL
      You need to add Salt Lick to your Texas list dude. So amazing!

      Delete
  10. Have you ever been to Coopers BBQ in Llano? We love it, so yummy! We went there when were at Fort Hood.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!