Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday TUNES with ME and Lauren

Happy Tuesday y'all!  So have you though about what song is in your heart today? I'm still in my Hill Country frame of mind so i'm going to share some Texas singers that i'm kinda partial too.
One of my most favorite performers whom i've seen in concert a dozen times is Robert Earl Keen.
He's a Texas boy through and through and sings at Billy Bob's in Ft Worth at least a couple times a year. This song is called Road Goes on Forever and its his anthem. Everyone sings along when he starts playing it. So fun!

Next is Pat Green and his song Take me Out to a Dancehall. Pat is a San Antonio boy and has done very well for himself in the country bar scene and a few songs made it famous on the radio. We went to Gruene, Texas and had a drink in Gruene Hall which is Texas' oldest Dance Hall. So thats why i picked this song.

Last but not least the Kings of Texas Country : Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings.  I grew up listening to all their albums on my parents house and my grandparents house. They are legends and i never get tired of listening to them. Willie is still alive and performing here and there around the state. I saw him last year in Dallas. This song is  Momma's Dont let your Babies grow up to be Cowboys
 So tap your toes today and maybe wear some boots to get you in the 2stepping mood.

We had some technical difficulties with the linky tool today so just leave your comments and i'll still hop over to see what your choices were. Thanks so much for playing!

16 comments:

  1. That last one is just classic :) Thanks for hosting!

    http://www.sweet-southern-girl.com/2013/03/tuesday-tunes-2513.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i LOVE willie and waylon!
      This is my fave day to blog. Thank you for participating on your blog.

      Delete
  2. See what happens when I plan ahead? Posts get put into wrong days, lol. Oh well, better luck next week. My Mom loved some Jennings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my fam are huge Jennings fans. My brother has all his albums framed and hung in his house.
      Hey at least you played along.Exactly, better luck next week! Thank you so much for participating on your blog.

      Delete
  3. If I ever get to Ft Worth I'm definitely goin' to Billy Bob's. That's a WV redneck name and you know I love me a redneck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it great a redneck name?! You come down and i'll take you there. its not far and its super fun!

      Delete
  4. You know you're from Philadelphia when you only know one person on that list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie right? Who doesnt know Willie! Texas is so cool because we have our own brand of music with tons of "famous" singers here that sell out shows but they arent national.

      Delete
  5. There's nothing like some good ole Texas country! On a side note, I work with a girl who didn't know who Willie Nelson was. I couldn't believe it. I mean how does that even happen?! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously did you laugh at her? Exactly- who has never heard of Willie? Thats just crazy talk there! LOL

      Delete
  6. I love this idea!!! www.glitterjennifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay- Thank you so much! Its every Tuesday and we normally have a link to join the blog hop. We dont have any rules to follow us ,etc so its laid back.

      Delete
  7. I love your choices, especially "Mama's Don't let you babies grow up to be cowboys!" Awesome! Here is my submission for this week. Sorry it is so late in the day!

    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuesday-tunes-prelude-of-sleep.html

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that song is a country anthem! Thanks for linking up sweety pie.

      Delete
  8. My sis in law loves Robert Earl Keen and raves about him. She has seen him a bunch of times in the San Antonio area.

    Good choices.

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's just so dang nice too! I had him sign my cowboy hat last time i saw him. Very good entertainer and you need to catch him next time you're visiting.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!