Monday, April 8, 2013

Back that thing up!!

So how was everyone’s weekend? I needed this past weekend to be a nice relaxing one because I had a rough week. Let me just say now- stop what you’re doing this very second and back your phone up. 
My phone was doing an update while plugged into my laptop and in the last 30 seconds my laptop had a hiccup which caused my iphone to freeze. I took it to Sprint (where I bought it) and they  looked at it for 3 minutes and said I had to go to Apple store and there was nothing they could do. What?!! You would think if they are going to sell Apple products, they need to learn how to deal with them. So I had to rush over to nearest Apple store and long story short- I lost EVERYTHING and had to get a new refurbished phone. For whatever reason , the Cloud didn’t even capture my stuff. I had half of my contacts and that’s it.  I literally broke down and cried at the Apple store because I had over 300 pictures. Many of them were pictures of the sweet texts sent to me by my Dad or the well wishes when we announced our engagement. I hate remembering a picture here and there that I no longer have.  The good part is that I have apple care on my plan so it was all free.
Yesterday I went to Lauren’s house so we could spray paint my wine bottles. I’m using them for my wedding centerpieces and I have over 80 to paint. I've spent weeks with them soaking in my bathtubs. Lauren also soaked some bottles for me too.  We started with the orange ones and then painted the silver ones last. The funny part is that we were both barefoot and the paint would fall all around the sheets and then we were walking on it.  My feet were coated in paint and they were sticking to my gas pedals on the way home and I stained my bathtub scrubbing them. LOL. Next time, must wear yucky socks so I can just throw them away.



Another reason why last week was so rough is that I got the news that Lauren and her husband Chris are definitely leaving Texas and pretty quickly. I’m so sad that my junkin partner and best friend is moving farther away from me. I know that we can still Skype and talk everyday ( we do this) but I’m just going to miss her so much it hurts! She will still be my wedding photographer and will be here for that.  She cant get out of that!
I am so proud of her and Chris though and they are an example of true followers of Christ. 
Anyhoo, hope your week will be a good one.  Come join me tomorrow for Tuesday’s Tunes!

14 comments:

  1. How fun that you are tackling centerpieces yourself.....I think it makes them extra special. Not to mention you and Lauren made some great memories in the process - and let's face it, that is priceless! So sorry about your phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the memories. Lauren and i have so much fun doing anything. I hope the centerpieces look as good in real as i have imagined. I am merging some ideas together from Pinterest.

      Delete
  2. Oooh... I love the bottles! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free is good! all those bottles came from Craigslist free- i bought the spray paint.

      Delete
  3. Here's the problem with your phone: It's an apple! ;) (Spoken like a true android user! :)
    Love the bottles! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! LOL- every one of my non Apple friends have said the same thing.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about yer phone. That's why I'm like the guy in that AARP phone ad- "I'm good with my simple phone."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something to be said about simplicity. In my state of panic, i wanted to go back to rotary and rolodex to avoid this happening again. Of course , now i'm moving along like nothing happened.

      Delete
  5. Technology-can't live with it, can't live without it. Excellent idea with the wine bottles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know one phone number by heart so when my phone died i panicked. I saw the idea on Pinterest for the wine bottles. I hope they work.

      Delete
  6. im sorry about your phone. that has happened to me before and learned the hard way and now you bet i have my phone backed up every night..i think it's set up to scan every night. and i love the orange bottles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wedding is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cell phones and computers are supposed to make our lives easier yet they drive us nuts at times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your phone! :( Looks like you and Lauren had a fun time and the bottles look great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!