Monday, April 22, 2013

My spirits have been lifted

Good times! I have a friend named Laura and she and  I were inseparable and did everything together back in our college days.  I moved to Ft Myers, Florida when I was 22 and then Laura moved to St.Petersburg a year later.  I was so excited and we would visit each other about once a month when we could. I eventually moved back to Dallas and we stayed in touch for a while. Laura came to Dallas a lot so we would connect then but after time for no other reason but Life, we drifted apart.  Neither one of us can remember the last time we saw each other but it was at least 10 years ago.  We had recently connected on Facebook this past December and I literally cried! I had been looking for her for a while and I missed her so much. We talk EVERY week on the phone and just picked up where we left off without missing a beat.  Laura flew in on Friday and we had dinner together and she met my fiancé Todd. It was so much fun. She was going to stay the night but she has many friends here in Dallas and one of them had a day surgery and needed Laura to take care of her. She’s going to stay tomorrow night with us so I get more girl time. I cant believe it but we were so busy talking at dinner that neither of us thought to get our picture. Poo! Did I mention that my sweet cousin who is also my best friend moved away last Thursday to North Carolina?  I needed a good busy weekend to keep me occupied from crying every day. I miss her so much I cant stand it.
Saturday was a very busy day starting out. Ironically, I have another friend that currently lives out of state in Virginia and she and her husband were also visiting this weekend to find a house. Good news is that they’re moving back and I’m very happy about that.  Anyway, the plans were to meet Tammy and Alex for lunch but their realtor had other plans in mind. So I never did connect with them but I will have forever when they get here in June. My church was hosting a craft fair to raise funds for our building and so I went to that for a while to help and show my support.  Have you guys heard of Origami Owl? Well, that’s another post I’ll be detailed about on another day but I bought a necklace with marriage theme. I left the craft show and stopped at a garage sale and bought a vintage set of TV trays and a wooden ladder all for 5 dollars! 
I stopped at a friends house that was 2 blocks away from the garage sale because she had some brooches for me and dang- I hit the motherload! She gave me 8 brooches and one of them is shaped like grapes. That’s perfect for my winery theme.  Saturday evening we just stayed at home and relaxed and Todd made chicken fettuccini . yummy!


 Yesterday after church I stopped for lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube because they were having a biker fundraiser and 15% percent of money made off food and drinks are going to our city of West, Texas. I had a sandwich and a drink ( the drink was 8.99) and so I did my share plus made donation in the jug they had going.  My chapter has a band called the Passion Band ( get it, we’re the Passion Riders) and they were asked to be the band for the fundraiser which is so cool. Many of our chapter members were there  and several bikers from the community showed up. I hope  they made a lot of money for West!
self photo with my iphone.


As far as visitors, my sister Rachelle , her husband Henry, and my nieces Paloma and Ava are also here from Singapore. They actually got here last Wednesday and I saw them the night they arrived. My niece Ava is only 4 months old y’all so this is my first time to hold her and see her in person.  I’m so happy!  All 4 of my nieces bring me such JOY.  I went out to my Dad’s after lunch and stayed a few hours with the family and I didn’t want to put the baby down. Paloma is such a big girl and she got some new cowgirl boots to ride the horses. 
sweet punkin

Paloma , Ava (happiest baby) and stepmom Deb

She's a natural

  All in all, it was such a great weekend and I’m kinda tired from it all.  Come back and see me tomorrow  for Tuesday Tunes.

13 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you could reconnect with your college girlfriend. I did that recently with 2 high school friends through FaceBook and it's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love FB for this reason. i have connected to so many friends from the past.

      Delete
  2. Busy Busy weekend!!!! Isn't it amazing how you can not talk to someone for a decade, and then pick right back up as if no time had passed. I love that. Hooray for Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook! hahaha!!! My sister talks about that Origami Owl site, looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray to Mark and to FB for sure! I am so grateful for that.
      The Origami Owl is so fun but i will admit it can be a little pricey if you go crazy. I love mine though!

      Delete
  3. WOW! That was a loaded weekend! How fun! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do pack a lot into my weekends. I have to stay busy though, part of my personality. :)

      Delete
  4. Sweet kids, nice names. Of course now I have Una Paloma Blanca playing in my head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, they are the sweetest kids. I'm not familiar with the song tune but i've heard of the song.

      Delete
  5. What a great weekend! Isn't special how little people instantly bring smiles to our faces. I am somgladnyou reconnected with a friend and old friends are coming back. I wish I lived closer to some of my childhood friends. I miss them. All their children are grown so with me having a young one it's so hard to connect. Have a great week! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These kiddos really do make me smile. You know Dusty, its kind of the opposite for me, i'm the only one without kids and i feel very left out from most of my friends that live near me. Its hard to connect with them because they dont think i would want to come to their kids parties, etc since i dont have any. I am so excited to be reunited with some of my girlfriends for sure. Thank you facebook!

      Delete
  6. So cool that you reconnected with an old friend and the friendship was still intact. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I wish I had stayed in touch with my old friends, but we all went our separate ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to stay connected with our friends honestly. Life happens and we all get busy. Its work like any kid of relationship/friendship. I am so excited though to have some of my friends back in my life though.

      Delete
  7. Awe it's always so nice to spend time with the folks we don't get to see often enough. Love the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!