Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Fun Run

How was your weekend? We had the best weather this weekend in Dallas and especially perfect for riding weather! My CMA chapter was hosting our first “fun run(poker) fundraiser” this past weekend and it was ALL DAY.
There is a chain popping around the metroplex called Quaker Steak & Lube and they were one of our sponsors. We started our ride and registration at one of their locations and then ended the ride at another one of their locations a few miles down the road.  Unfortunately when its our deal we have to work it and not go on the planned routes for everyone else.  Todd and I were assigned the registration booths for both locations so we would be busy in spurts.  We had free donuts and coffee and goodie bags but all those who bought a ticket and wrist band were entered to win tons of prizes and money.
We had a fairly good turnout and we know now what we need to do differently next year.  Our event happened the same weekend as the Texas Motor Speedway races and one of the most  popular biker bars in Dallas was also having their Spring Hoorah. We still did good though and it was just fun hanging out with my group. Sunshine , Harleys. Chicken wings, and spending all day with Todd is priceless!






Thank you so much for stopping by and supporting my little blog.
 Remember to join us tomorrow for Tuesday Tunes.

16 comments:

  1. Quaker Steak rocks! Best ribs I ever had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I've only had the burger or wings there. I'll have to try the ribs. Its a fun place!

      Delete
  2. And there you go making me all jealous of your Harley fun-runs again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- thats how i roll!! HEHE

      Delete
  3. FUN times!!!!! Have an awesome Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much- Have an awesome Tuesday! it takes me a day or so to reply back. :)

      Delete
  4. 'Looks like a fun day! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldnt have special ordered the day any better ( well minus all the pollen). I have sore throat just from allergies.

      Delete
  5. Oh, my! Now THAT's what you call organisation. Looked fantastic - sure puts my local bands charity gig in the shade........LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in a band? If so- pretty cool!! We looked more organized than we really were. LOL. It was our first event so there was alot of scrambling here and there. It was fun though.

      Delete
  6. what a fun day!! you rock the bandana! :) mmmm chicken wings..i want some now! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- the bandana helps to hide some of the crazy helmut wind blown hair. I love some chicken wings!!

      Delete
  7. That looks like it was a fun day! Would love to try that place out for wings and ribs!

    Phil
    http://blog.theregularguynyc.com/?p=2646

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, my sister went to school in Erie, PA, and one of the places she always talked about was Quaker Steak & Lube!!! I thought it was just a West PA thing, I'm excited to see it in your pics! What a great day you had! Glad to see you had such a good turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won a poker run once. But I donated all the money back. My ass was so sore by the time we got done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! I'm interested in the Quaker Steak & Lube. Never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!