So I’m linking up with the Texas Bloggers group that I’m a part of for a self-interview. The questions below are the same for everyone – I didn’t come up with these.
2. How long have you been blogging? In August it will be 2 years that I’ve been blogging.
3. Why did you start blogging? Well, my cousin Lauren had been blogging a while and I loved reading her blog. My Dad was diagnosed with a rare lung disease and I wasn’t processing it well. I needed an outlet to talk and to cry and to be myself without burdening my circle of friends. So I started my blog then as a release.
4. What do you hope to get out of the Texas Women Bloggers community? You said it- Community. I love having a circle of bloggers that can relate to my posts when I talk about places and towns in the Texas. I have met a few gals face to face and I am so blessed to call them friends.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hmmm, I will be 50 (gulp! That hurt to type just then . LOL). I hope to still be working at a job that I love and to be experiencing my 5yr wedding anniversary. Hopefully be owning a home and to be thinner. :)
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why? I would love to have Salma Hayek play me. She’s gorgeous and a spit fire and i think she would stay try to MY life and character.
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die? I want to travel to Paris and London, I want to ride in a hot air balloon, I want to have a picnic in middle of some vines in a winery in Italy, I want to swim with those cute little pink pigs in Mexico, and I want to go whale watching in Alaska
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why? I want to be known that I remained true and real to everyone and myself. I’d like to think that I act the same way at work, at home, with my family, friends, and coworkers.
9. Describe one “wow” moment in your life. The summer after high school , my best friend was due to have her baby. She was living with her cousin and cousins husband and they had convinced her to give baby up for adoption. My friend and I spent all summer together and when she went into labor I was at hospital with her all day. My mom came after work and we both got to be in the delivery room with My friend when the baby was born. I saw everything and it was a beautiful wonderful experience. I feel that it was an early gift from GOD to witness that because I was never able to have my own children. When she saw her baby, she knew then she couldn’t give her up and decided to keep her. Get this people- her cousins had SOLD her baby black market and was Pissed! They said she couldn’t come home to their house from the hospital so Mom and I went across the street to Kmart- bought her and baby some clothes, a car seat and they came and lived with me that summer and semester while I went away to college.
10. If you could be anything (no consequence, no fear) what would you “BE”? Oh, if I could dream and no consequences, I would be a Radio City Rockette. I had dance scholarship in college with a drillteam and I always wanted to go on and dance on the stage. Unfortunately, I was too short to even try out for their team.
So there you have it. This past weekend I attended a fun event with a bunch of gals from this Texas Bloggers group and it was fun to meet new bloggers that live locally. I'll post more on that later...