Monday, April 29, 2013

Texas Bloggers self interview and link up

So I’m linking up with the Texas Bloggers group that I’m a part of for a self-interview. The questions below are the same for everyone – I didn’t come up with these.

1. What part of the state do you call home? I live in Euless currently but its not what I consider home. I’ve only lived there for 9 months.
 2. How long have you been blogging? In August it will be 2 years that I’ve been blogging.
 3. Why did you start blogging? Well, my cousin Lauren had been blogging a while and I loved reading her blog. My Dad was diagnosed with a rare lung disease and I wasn’t processing it well. I needed an outlet to talk and to cry and to be myself without burdening my circle of friends. So I started my blog then as a release.
4. What do you hope to get out of the Texas Women Bloggers community? You said it- Community. I love having a circle of bloggers that can relate to my posts when I talk about places and towns in the Texas. I have met a few gals face to face and I am so blessed to call them friends.
 5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hmmm, I will be 50 (gulp! That hurt to type just then . LOL). I hope to still be working at a job that I love and to be experiencing my 5yr wedding anniversary. Hopefully be owning a home and to be thinner. :)
 6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why? I would love to have Salma Hayek play me. She’s gorgeous and a spit fire and i think she would stay try to MY life and character.
 7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die? I want to travel to Paris and London, I want to ride in a hot air balloon, I want to have a picnic in middle of some vines in a winery in Italy, I want to swim with those cute little pink pigs in Mexico, and I want to go whale watching in Alaska
 8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why? I want to be known that I remained true and real to everyone and myself. I’d like to think that I act the same way at work, at home, with my family, friends, and coworkers.
 9. Describe one “wow” moment in your life. The summer after high school , my best friend was due to have her baby. She was living with her cousin and cousins husband and they had convinced her to give baby up for adoption. My friend and I spent all summer together and when she went into labor I was at hospital with her all day. My mom came after work and we both got to be in the delivery room with My friend when the baby was born. I saw everything and it was a beautiful wonderful experience. I feel that it was an early gift from GOD to witness that because I was never able to have my own children. When she saw her baby, she knew then she couldn’t give her up and decided to keep her. Get this people- her cousins had SOLD her baby black market and was Pissed! They said she couldn’t come home to their house from the hospital so Mom and I went across the street to Kmart- bought her and baby some clothes, a car seat and they came and lived with me that summer and semester while I went away to college.
 10. If you could be anything (no consequence, no fear) what would you “BE”? Oh, if I could dream and no consequences, I would be a Radio City Rockette. I had dance scholarship in college with a drillteam and I always wanted to go on and dance on the stage. Unfortunately, I was too short to even try out for their team.

 So there you have it. This past weekend I attended a fun event with a bunch of gals from this Texas Bloggers group and it was fun to meet new bloggers that live locally. I'll post more on that later...

22 comments:

  1. OK you made me cry with your WOW moment story. What an amazing friend you are!!!!! I imagine mother and child are forever grateful to you and your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its wonderful. Today that baby has her own baby and i cry when i think about what we've been through.

      Delete
  2. Loved reading all your answers...especially the WOW moment! Loved seeing Saturday night, chica AND the 17th is looking good on my end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, i love spending time with you girlie!! yay, cant wait to see you on the 17th then. woohoo!

      Delete
  3. That WOW moment was something ... Good for you!!! :) I'd like to say I can't believe there are people out there like those cousins of hers, but I know there are far worse than that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend has a sweet forgiving heart. She sees her cousin quite a bit at family functions and you'd never know the history. I for one always give her the stink eye whenever i see her which is not often thank goodness. LOL.

      Delete
  4. A rockette, eh? I'd have prosecuted the cousin, but I can see where she wouldn't want (or be able) to. And what little pink pigs in Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pigs swim in the ocean in the Bahamas mainly Exumus island. My friend honeymooned there and brought back pictures of them and i was in love every since with wanting to swim with them.

      Delete
  5. Rockette? I knew you could kick up your heels and kick some ass. And that baby story.. Uh why I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the good ol days! I couldnt kick higher than my kneecap now and i would hurt for days after. LOL

      Delete
  6. it was so great meeting you in real life. i'll be a rockette with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just as vibrant and beautiful in real life that i expected you to be! Yes- Lets Dance!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, you got to meet Helene! Kick ass! What beautiful answers, and I bet your WOWmoment made you even closer with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helene is a doll. I have lived a blessed life that includes the hard times.

      Delete
  8. I love when folks talk to themselves...the truth always comes out. I know every bit of this is true because you have beautiful eyes that go all the way to your heart. Case in point...your wow moment.
    Rockette dream? Me too. Maybe we need to start our own troupe. We could be the Short Sockettes!
    XO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Short Sockettes sounds like a plan indeed!! Marvelous idea.

      Delete
  9. I loved your wow moment! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog and commenting. it means alot.

      Delete
  10. That was an amazing WOW moment!! And that's horrible that her own family would do that to her! Messed up! Thanks for sharing your interview!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it crazy to think how far people go in desperation?! She's a stronger woman for it though.

      Delete
  11. I LOVED reading this! The story about your friend is heartbreaking. However, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one in the 40+ club!!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No maam- you're not the only 40ish woman in the club. LOl- welcome welcome.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!