Thursday, April 18, 2013

West, Texas (that is in Central Texas and not out west)

I just dont have a lot to say right now about this week. The Boston Marathon bombings were enough to think about but with the explosion last night in West , i feel numb. My heart is so heavy with the sadness that goes out to all those injured, affected, and those who have lost someone to these tragedies.
West is just shy of a 100 miles south of Dallas and they have the best Kolache store around at the Little Czech Stop . I've stopped there dozens of times and they're  a  landmark for West.  My heart and soul is also swollen with pride of the amazing strength and love from our state during this time. There were so many people from all over Texas that immediately jumped in car heading for West, they are being turned away.  Texans dont play around and we are already seeing fund raisers and blood drives being put together.
If you are of the praying kind, please say  a prayer for this small town, Boston, and our Country.
 Hugs to all!!
I wanted to post a few Texas proud pics that i got from Facebook today.


My stepdad is a retired fireman and this one hurts

16 comments:

  1. The bombing was such a shock, these kind of attacks are impossible to fathom out. It certainly reminds us of our perspectives in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just dont get it. If you hate life- take it out on yourself, not innocent people.
      The explosion was an accident and it killed and injured more that the Boston occurence.
      Have a great weekend and lets pray next week is better.

      Delete
  2. Well said Holli. Hang on lady. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety- i am so tense that my back and neck hurt. I need to unwind this weekend for sure.
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. As soon as this happened, I though about you! Thank goodness you are okay. My Grandpa lives south in a town from there called Lampasas. I believe like 30-40 miles. I have been trying to get ahold of him. This is just unbelievable. :( I am still trying to figure out if this was an accident or someone started that fire on purpose. Do you know? Praying for all and keeping TX in my heart. This has been one heck of a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lampasas is a cool little town! Hope Grandpa is OK. You let me know if i need to go check on him. The explosion was an accident and caused by a fire that ignited because if the fertilizer.
      Thankyou for the prayers.

      Delete
  4. Stay strong, love. It's been a week.

    Today is a new day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been a week for sure! I appreciate every day as a gift. Thank you for your sweet kind support.

      Delete
  5. Great Post Chica!! I'M PRAYING...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- pray pray pray with everything you got. Have a great weekend sweet girl!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the words. I live in Waco and have many friends and family that live in West. It is so amazing the way everyone has responded and mobilized to take care of the community. I love to read you blog and if you are ever through Waco give me a shout and I would love to buy you guys beer or a bottle of great local wine.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, thank you so much for the sweet words and support. You made my day by reading my little ol blog!! Heck ya- i will let you know my next venture into Waco. :)
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. It's been a sad week for sure with the West explosion and the terrorist attacks in Boston. My heart goes out to all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you all are safe even that far away. Such a sad time for people. I only hope for better days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely praying! I live 40 miles from West and felt the explosion at my house. I was giving Mason a bath when our whole house shook. I thought a truck plowed into my house!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!