Friday, May 10, 2013

Date night at Twisted Root Burger Co

How has your week been so far? Mine has been really crappy work wise and I couldn’t be happier today is Friday. Who doesn’t love Friday’s?  Todd has had a pretty rough work week too so we needed to get out of the house and have a date night. I knew where I wanted to go that was close by. There is a yummy burger place that started out in Deep Ellum ( our artsy area of Dallas close to downtown)  a few years ago and has even been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri.  The name of this place is Twisted Root Burger Co and dang if they are Delish! There’s 8 locations with another one opening soon ( close to where I work so I’m happy about that). The location near where we live in Bedford is just a few minutes away and I had not been there yet.  It’s very laid back and the menu’s are written on large kraft butcher paper. The fun part is that they give you a famous name to call out when our burgers are ready. Paris Hilton, Mr. Incredible, Meryl Streep, are a few that I remember from last night. They make jars of homemade pickles, homemade root beer and also homemade ice cream. Unfortunately I was too full from the burger and onion strings and didn’t have room for a shake which I heard are incredible.
I had the Bacon Bomb burger that had bacon and blue cheese crumbles on it. Yumm! 
For the record, I am not being compensated in any way ,form, or fashion for writing this but I wanted to share with y’all a fun yummy place around Dallas.


They have buffalo and other exotic meats

walkup beer cooler

Who doesnt love a Disco ball?! The pickle bar is also shown

I need to go back for an adult shake!

I had the homemade root beer with  my burger and fried onions

Have a fantastic weekend! Be safe and have loads of fun and i want to hear all about it.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Holli! We have one in Arlington, but I've never been there. My son fancies himself a burger connoisseur, so we will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fancy myself as french fry connoisseur and they passed test! You gotta go. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I heard there have a great veggie burger as well and there is one really close to my new place. I will have to check it out! Glad you guys got out and some fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you tried it out the other night. I love this place and cant wait to go back. I need to split the burger so i can try the shakes.

      Delete
  3. We loved that place! Their fried appetizer sampler is great - the fried green beans....to die for! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so tempted to try the green beans. Next time for sure!

      Delete
  4. Walk up beer cooler sure beats "Wehavebudbudlightmillerliteheinkensamadamssamadamsseasonalandcoorslight (huffhuffhuff) whatcanigetyou...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isnt that a great idea?! YOu can basically open the can and be guzzling it while you pay at the cashier.

      Delete
  5. Date night - I haven't had one of those in a long long long time...... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to make it happen! I hadnt either until i had mini-meltdown and stated i needed a date. It worked.

      Delete
  6. MMMMMM I love a good burger. That place looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So delish but i need to split one next time so i can try the ice cream.

      Delete
  7. I love places like that! Nothing like a fun date night! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Laid back place to wear shorts and flip flops and have cold drink and yummy burger.

      Delete
  8. Mmmmmm... That does sound good! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love good burgers and especially ones with crispy bacon.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!