Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mean and Ugly comments and YOU dont even know me!!!

I’ve been very fortunate (knock on wood) on my blog on receiving rude or mean comments. I’ve posted on some what others may seem controversial topics as marriage equality, religion, etc. My luck run out last night and I was stunned at a comment that someone left me on Pinterest. It could have been there for a long time but I don’t see everything on my ipad and I cant check Pinterest at work and rarely am I ever on my laptop at home. Until last night….
 See at night to relax I like to get on my iPad and go on Pinterest. Last week I stayed up crazy hours while Todd was in the hospital and I pinned while in a daze. The whole world knows I’m getting married and I pin a lot to my board “ I Will marry 1 day”. Anywho, I came across a pin that I seriously didn’t analyze or dissect, I liked it , I pinned it. That’s it. I understand that everything is all about interpretation but holy cow did this girl go off on me which is very comical to all of you that know me and I how I feel.
This is the pin:

And this is what her comment said:


For the record, i've been a little emotional lately and i didnt take this good. I was so upset that someone took the time to write this and it couldnt be the farthest from the truth. I deleted the pin altogether so that it would delete her post. Then i got to thinking about it and found the pin again and Re-pinned it minus any comments. 
I am a Christian and I love Jesus and give him all credit for everything in my life. I dont feel like i push or preach my beliefs on others though nor do i try to persuade anyone to believe in the same way i do.  I have some non-believers as friends that i absolutely love dearly. I pray for them and they're ok with that because i pray for all my friends and family. Ironically, i wrote a post recently all in favor for Marriage Equality and i stand firm on that.  How i saw this pin was that times are tough ( insert your loved one in ICU and feeling helpless) but that its worth it and GOD will bless US and that marriage will be SO worth it. By US, i mean couples.
After calming down i thought of my reaction. I guess i am glad i took the non-confrontational avenue by deleting it and not commenting or defending myself. I never could find her again after i deleted the comment which is good.  She did me a favor by unfollowing me because i dont care for people to judge me without knowing me.
My question is why do people feel that is Ok to comment on Pinterest, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, any social media that is unkind and judgemental? I feel that is tacky and cowardly. If  you dont like my post or pin, get past it and maybe you'll like the next one, or simply unfollow all together. No one has time for this crap!
Y'all have a nice day and to my faithful loyal followers- you mean the world to me and thank you for being nice. xoxo

27 comments:

  1. I'm thinking because of the way the wording is written on the pin, it definitely sounds like you are against gay marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is too bad. Its funny because im SO for gay marriage that i didnt even read it that way. I appreciate your honesty and letting me know your thoughts. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. You know your heart, Holli. If anything, be happy I didn't see her comments before you. But I wish I'd had a chance to set her straight about the person she was criticizing. And I am not even a Jesus girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn. If i knew how to insert my link for past posts i would because i wrote a lengthy post on my beliefs. I'm glad that i didnt go off on her because its just not worth it.
      Its good to know you have my back.

      Delete
  3. Um...I guess I *could* stretch and see how this pin could possibly be against gay marriage, but it would be a stretch! I personally take it the way you took it. Someone was on a rant and in an awful mood when that someone took it out on you. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything, right? We don't know what's going on in her life, but we can only assume it's not good, that she's suffering in some way and needs to take lessons in handling her emotions from my toddler.

    Have a good day, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment. She definitely was on a roll and hopefully it made her feel better. Thank you so much for your support.

      Delete
  4. So funny that they called you out on this, when one of the reasons I really respect you is that you practice what you believe - which is your Christian faith that you apply to fight for the rights of all people. Moral of this story is, some people love to fight on the internet. Don't let it upset you. This time the joke is on her for lashing out at someone she clearly doesn't even know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in the future i wont take these so hard but it was my first and dang she came out swinging. Todd even said "clearly she knows nothing about you" wheni read to him. Thank you so much for your comment and support.

      Delete
  5. Wow. You're right..it is just tacky and hateful. I don't know why people feel like they need to voice their opinion in comments. They need to get their own blog!! haha, I've been lucky to not get any hateful comments so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, i hope you NEVER get a mean comment. Its not like it ruined my day or anything but it definitely made me stop for a second. It stung no matter what.

      Delete
  6. Girl, I am so sorry you were on the receiving end of that hateful comment because you have such a pure heart and are so giving to others. That woman sure needs somethin' in her life, and it's much more than God can provide. It's called good ol' fashioned hootin' hollerin' S-E-X. Once she gits 'er some, I bet she calms right on down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness i couldnt agree with you more! Thank you for making me laugh like you always do.

      Delete
  7. Leave the pin. Your interpretation of it is what's important. And I agree God does see marriage as long lasting. There's more than one way of looking at what is said in life.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. I agree-interpretation makes all the difference and i saw it completely different as she did.

      Delete
  8. I find this hypocritical. How do you state your opinion and be a dickface and then say have since day at the end? What a real douche bag. Last I checked marriage and life is how you interpret it not how some sensitive jerk tells you to. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I've always felt that if someone disagrees with me does not make them wrong. We have to agree to disagree but really? She was too much. Love u! xoxo

      Delete
  9. I love how people can cower behind their keyboards and computer screens and "speak" to people like that. I guess I could see how the pin may be taken out of context, but who gives anyone that right to degrade you like that? People never cease to amaze me, and not always for the good. You know how you interpreted the pin, and if she has a problem, you're better off that she deleted you. Her loss. Someone needs to get off her damn soapbox.

    Smile, lots of people love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet support pretty girl! I am so better off not knowing who she is. To be so quick to judge me from one pin. I dont know ( as i'm shaking my head).
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. People are so quick when it comes to being judgmental and I agree with you, why use social media for making such remarks. I read this somewhere - If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I wish more people could abide by that rule. Maybe she was having a bad day herself and decided to vent it out like this.

    You should let it go. Hope everything gets better with you soon! Your followers are gonna be here for you gal!

    Have a great day.

    xx
    Seepz
    That Sassy Girl
    That Sassy Girl on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to live by that rule as well. I just cant get into catty mean girls. I'm too old to be bullied and judged for a simple pin that spoke to me in a different way. I really appreciate your comment and support. Thank you so much!!! xxxx

      Delete
  11. That, my dear, is what you call a troll. Wait till you get the one from "John Rambo" who loves to post crap on ladies blogs for no better reason than he hates ladies. A good Christian responds just as you did. I however rise to the occasion and bait the troll until I'm satisfied the whole world knows what an idiot they are, and finish with a goodbye, have a nice day. People like that have one goal, to inflict pain on others. Atheists flamers (not the quiet, I don't believe guys, but the evangelical ones)like to point out that they do fine without God, but it seems only an excuse for having no conscience. Keep smiling, God reads their posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically in her tirade she claims she does believe in God. I get amused each time i read it because i posted this one pin and yet she says "she's sorry for all the hatred i share in my life".
      A troll indeed. And yes the John Rambo got a hold of one my friends blog and it was crazy!
      Thank you for your sweet comment and support!!!

      Delete
  12. I have no use for people like that. They are what the delete button was invented for. USE it and don't take one word of that crap to heart. My motto is if you can't say something nice then you shouldn't waste your time saying anything at all. Actually my mom instilled that in me. There is always something nice to say and that little tirade was uncalled for. I am outraged on your behalf. HUGS!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously, that person has way too much time on their hands, Personally, that troll sounds a bit bitter and quick to judge people based on one little pic they see. I feel sorry for anyone who is involved with that person!

    I would heed it no mind and not let it upset you. There will always be those out there that just live to post negative comments on everything.

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You handled it a lot better than I would have! I happen to like the pin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holli - don't give it another thought. We are all entitled to our views and opinions and hers differed fom yours. She has a choice - she can read your blog or not. If she doesn't agree she doesn't need to follow or read it. If she didn't agree, she should have just moved on. The message she sent was in bad taste.
    Bad in her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a tantrum troll. I'm not sure how the running of Pinterest goes but you did right by deleting this WAY-over-the-top rant. And, yes, it was indeed tacky and cowardly and ridiculously deep.

    People do have feelings and there is one aspect that kinda bugs me about the blogging world, and that's the lack of returning a quick visit to those who have spent some time and interest on your blog and left a comment for you - especially those who are regular visitors. Granted, it's not the end of the world stuff but just a little acknowledgement in return isn't too much to ask. Makes for a more harmonic domain.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!