Friday, May 24, 2013

This time last week

Happy Friday and Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone. Let us not forget the true reason for this weekend. Its not just about BBQ's even though its a good way to start. I am currently working from home today for a half-day vacation and its so nice!
This time last week i was preparing to go pick my fiance up from the hospital. He was actually released around 12:30 and he was starving. I took him to lunch and then to pharmacy to pick up prescriptions and we went back to the house to rest. Surprisingly he had every intention of making my birthday party that had been planned for that night. He said he was so cooped up all week in the hospital and he was ready to hang out with our friends for the evening.
My party was at the same place i've had it for the last 3 years at a family owned bar Club Schmitz. Its super laid back dive bar that serves yummy greasy bar food. I always get the MESSY chili cheese burger and onion rings and its heavenly! I had a really nice turn out and it was so great to see friends that i hadnt seen in a pretty long time. When Todd started losing his steam i knew i needed to get him home and tucked into bed. We actually left before 10 pm and was home and in bed by 10:30. That's an awesome celebration night!  I was just so excited to have  my honey home with me safe and sound.
As for this weekend, we have a few fun things planned but with lots of time each day for rest and relaxation.

Here are a few photos from my birthday party:
i had to wear bib with this meal

My wine glow


Good times!




Ya'll be safe and hug your friends and family.

8 comments:

  1. It's my birthday next week - apparently I have to wear "leathers" as they have some big thing planned for me. The suspense is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Todd is home in his own little bed, and equally happy you had a lovely birthday celebration!

    Your post has me craving greasy ass bar food! As soon as Steve gets home, I'm demanding we go out for cheese steak nachos and wings!!

    Happy Long Weekend! Enjoy it with your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love an evening surrounded by loved ones! Happy Birthday! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have sent a cardboard cutout so I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fun time. Love those dive bars with greasy food too. Good to hear your guy is back home.

    Have a great weekend. You're right, it's not just all about BBQ's, as we should all remember it's true meaning. I also wrote a post on it.

    Phil
    http://blog.theregularguynyc.com/?p=3189

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. So glad you had a nice nice and glad Todd was able to celebrate w/ you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated wishes. Snaps look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!