Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday Tunes- songs on my heart

Today my post is with a very relieved but heavy heart. All of you know by now for those who read my blog loyally that my brother, sis-n-law, and my precious nieces live in Meeker, Oklahoma.  This past Sunday a twister came through and hit Shawnee really hard and thats where Sarah works which is 10 minutes down the road from Meeker. She wasnt at work and her office is intact as well. Last night they were evacuated to the town storm shelter for safety. My brother is a truck driver and he was called to Memphis last night so was also out of the tornado's danger.   I have to tell you that i went to bed sobbing last night. I just cant wrap my head around all those children trapped in the school not expected to be alive. There are also dozens of injured children. Please pray for Oklahoma. They have so much rebuilding to do, Physically and Mentally.  As i was watching The Voice last night Holly sang a song that i felt was so appropriate and it gave me goose bumps. She sang the old gospel song How Great Thou Art.

Another christian song that truly grabs my heart is All my Tears by Selah.  This is for those families who have lost.

9 comments:

  1. Glad your family is okay! It is so sad, my heart breaks for everyone and I just can't stop thinking about the little kids trapped. I was watching some news this morning and this one man said they pulled a car out of the front hall of the school and there was a teacher laying over 3 kids and I don't know her name but good job teach! Makes me fill up with tears just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your family is okay, Holli. My mom grew up in Moore...we believe their old house is gone...but more importantly are the 1,000s of lives changed forever. My heart just aches...especially for the precious children. Thank you for posting and sharing. Peace, love, and all the best to you, sweet friend. xxoos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad to hear your family is safe. I honestly can't watch the news coverage anymore. It's too heartbreaking to see, and I can't imagine what those parents are going through whose children were at that school yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear your family is safe and sound. I'm praying like crazy for everyone. Beautiful song choices <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your family is OK. Beautiful song choices for today.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful songs on a very sad day. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your family is ok. It is heartbreaking to see all the devastation. I haven't been able to watch all of the coverage, but my heart and prayers are certainly with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear your family and loved ones are ok. Such a sad and tragic event. Too many of these recently. My prayers go out.

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only but agree with all the above posters. Beautifully comforting music. †

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!