Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday Tunes



I'm a huge fan of the reality show The Voice. I like it because they dont make fun of people leading up to the tryouts. The contestants are judged by their voice and not what they look like. Anyway, there are some great talents on the show this season. Last night one of the gals Sarah sang this song and it blew me away. I love this song and have the version on ipod by Brandi Carlisle. Its called The Story.


There's a duo on the show that sang a tribute to the late George Jones. He recently passed away 2 weeks ago and i am very sad for that. I grew up listening to old school country and George was a staple on the radio. One of his hits was Who's gonna fill their shoes? So here ya go- i'm playing his song.


Have a great day Y'all!!

15 comments:

  1. George Jones was a legend. And this is a great song. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you sweety!! So glad you linked up. I love me some George Jones!

      Delete
  2. Good morning! I love this party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- me too. I learn so many new songs from it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! It was hard to pick a song but this one seemed appropriate. Thank you for linking up sweet girl

      Delete
  4. Who in the hell is George Jones?????? Granted I know nuthin' about country music, nor do I EVAH care to, but why is everybody and their brother cryin' a river over this man??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- i absolutely love you and your honesty. I will tell you that George was a true country legend and by that i mean old school crooner country. You would hate his music if you dont like country. He was married to Tammy Wynette ( another old legend) and they broke ground on some topics and verses back in the day. He was worth at least crying over a small pond. :)

      Delete
  5. i agree! sarah sang it so well! I love brandi carlile's version! I want this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both versions on ipod and i love listening to them.

      Delete
  6. Just the lyrics I used on Time Machine two weeks ago to memorialize George. I think he sang that song 20 years too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. My mom had tickets to one of his infamous shows he was too drunk to perform at that gave his name to "NO SHOW JONES".
      Still love his songs.

      Delete
  7. George Jones was a legend in the country msuic biz. Not my style of music but I can respect his talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly. I love him and many of his songs.

      Delete
  8. I love watching the Voice too...and George Jones is legendary.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!