Friday, June 14, 2013

More wedding stuff - hey its all i got right now

It's Friday and boy am i so happy!! It was even a short week for me because i called in sick on Monday. For the record i really was sick. This cold turned into an upper respiratory infection and i have been poopy now for 2 weeks. I got prescription for antibiotic last night though so i'm on road to recovery.
A week ago today i took a vacation day because my most awesome cousin/photographer  Lauren  flew into town from her new home state of North Carolina. It was time for my bridal portraits. What what!!!
It was so exciting to have my hair all done up, i even wore eyeshadow and thats a big deal y'all! My dress and shoes all looked great and so we headed over to my wedding destination of the winery. One note to self along the way- must have car with large backseat for me to get there on wedding day. Just not enough room for me and dress in passenger seat of my pickup truck.
I had taken a Mucinex DM before we got started so that my nose wouldnt be as red and snotty for a few hours and it worked so i'm so grateful for that. I had so much fun having my pictures taken but i sure wish i felt better. Anyway, Lauren and i were there a little over an hour and we got some really fun pictures taken. It was good for Lauren to see what the lighting and scenarios will be also the day of wedding. I cant show you any of the bridal portraits until after the wedding of course because i have to leave some surprises. Todd also stumbles on my blog every now and then and we are doing the traditional thing of him not seeing me in my dress.  Funny story, Lauren was driving my truck so that i could sit with my dress all around me in the passenger seat  and as we are leaving the apartment , Todd drives into the complex. He knew what we were doing but he had momentarily forgot because he pulled next to us and rolled down his window. I put my hands over my face and ducked down and then he realized and said " Oh crap i got to keep going".  It was so funny at the moment.
Here are some ideas and pictures from Pinterest that i am using or considering.
I'm not having a wedding party but we did capture this moment at my bridal portraits

isnt this so pretty? wedding picture on book page

I bought a unity candle but we are going to do this instead

Ive been working on our wedding list for weeks

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I plan on taking it easy .

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all come together. I know it will be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you....I know everything will turn out perfectly! Love your playlist....and can't wait to be there and share you and Todd's special day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that bar shot!!! The playlist rocks my socks. Nothing like a little Jason Mraz and the Spice Girls to get the party started!

    I hope you start getting some relief witht he antibiotics soon! You're right, we could have kept each other entertained with our red noses and copious amounts of snot!

    Happy weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time for you!!! Enjoy every moment. Where does your cousin live in NC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you're going to be taking it easy and Im proud of you for wearing eyeshadow for your photo shoot!! :) I am sure they are so beautiful! it made me smile to see "spice up your life" by the spice girls!! that's a good pumpit up dance song! my little sister (she's 19 now) loved the spice girls!! we have their movie on vhs!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did not realize you got that sick. Hope you are better now. Also, I love that shot of the gals drinking at the bar. You gotta do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came quick but nothing a Z-pack cant handle. My cough is still with me but i feel better everyday. Thank you.
      Isnt that a fun shot?! I had one taken like that of just me during the bridal portraits.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Sweet Friend! How exciting! I can NOT wait to see the photos and just so you know, Todd does not check my email. Is that hint a little too obvious? Oh, good! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check your email Marci! I know i can trust you.

      Delete
  8. Hope you are feeling better now. Glad he didn't get a glimpse of "the dress"! I am looking forward to seeing photos of the big day too and hope you share some here.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, i am finally starting to feel better this week. my cough is still there but not as bad.
      Todd is being good so far. He didnt want to see my pictures either of my dress because he wants to be surprised. I will definitely share some photos once the wedding is here.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!