Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday Tunes with Amazing News- Dedicated to my Dad

I am dedicating today’s post to my Daddy. Most of you know that the whole reason I started this blog was to help myself process and deal with the pain of my Dad’s rare lung disease. In just over 2 years I have watched my Dad go from a vibrant man on his Harley to a frail man in his wheelchair completely on oxygen.  I just don’t even know where to begin because there’s so much I HAVENT blogged about. Truth is by typing this it makes it more real and its so painful to admit how much it hurts to see Daddy suffer. I have left out a year of tests and processes but to make a VERY long story short- last Friday the best Father’s Day gift imaginable happened. Daddy was approved and is now officially on the donor list. He is only a candidate for a one lung transplant now because of his age. When we started this process he was supposed to be candidate for double lung AND heart transplant.  We have to trust the Dr’s and just be so happy that they feel that one lung will be enough.  Daddy is 3rd on the list. His nurse said she felt it could happen within a few months because the one lung transplant is more common.  My dream of Daddy walking me down the aisle and dancing with me is within my grasp.

This song is the song that Daddy and I danced to when I was in junior high and Dad to me to a country bar and restaurant. It’s a very special song and its funny the things you remember.
Fire on the Mountain- Marshall Tucker Band

Have a great Tuesday Y'all!!!





23 comments:

  1. Aaaaaawwwww that is so sweet. Prayers go out to you and your Daddy my sweet friend. I know exactly what you are going through. Sadly, we have decided to discontinue dialysis on my Dad because it is no longer humane to prolong the inevitable. Doctors have given him 7-10 days until he passes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deb- i am SOOO sorry. There are not enough words to say and i wont say anything cliche. I do appreciate all the prayers and i return them and lift them up for you and your family as well.
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Prayers still coming your way for your daddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep em coming sweety! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your father! Please give him a hug from me! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will sweet Marci! Thank you so much.

      Delete
  4. I am currently co-hosting a link party. Would you be comfortable sharing this post? I bet there are many people that would be touched by this good news! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers your way for you and your Dad.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy! We appreciate all the prayers and they obviously working. We are so excited.

      Delete
  6. Here's to your dad. And praying that he gets his new lung soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. We will not pass up any prayers in our direction.

      Delete
  7. My thoughts and prayers go out to your father. My Dad passed last year and I miss him a lot-I hope your Dad beats this and is around for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very sorry for your loss. We have had some very close tense moments that nothing can describe the fear and sadness of almost losing Daddy. I need him for many more years.
      Thank you so much for commenting, it means a lot.

      Delete
  8. Honey, this is beautiful. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song, I'll bet a great dad too. Hang in there, I'll put him on my prayer list too. (Sorry, but I haven't been here from the beginning. That's another memo I missed!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for Dad to be on your prayer list. I BELIEVE strongly in the power of prayer.
      Glad you liked the song. :)

      Delete
  10. Sweet post. My heart goes out to you and your dad. Hope he can get that transplant and head back to a healthier life. It's tough watching our parents fall ill. It really is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, we appreciate all well wishes. Yes , quite frankly it SUCKS to watch our parents get older and be ill.

      Delete
  11. Hi there Holli! I am so sorry about your dad! I am saying some major prayers for him and the rest of you & your family. The good news is he is on a donor list and God willing, he will receive his lung soon. Stay strong hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, you're so sweet for the prayers. They are working for sure. Thank you so much!! xox

      Delete
  12. Being a new follower this is the first time I've learned of your father's illness. Heartfelt good wishes go to you and your dad and of course, all the family. .......and what a beautiful and poignant song.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!