Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I missed my Blog anniversary and its Tuesday Tunes

I completely missed my blog anniversary on August 5th. As y'all know i was a little busy a few weeks ago to say the least with my Dad in the hospital. This month is my 2nd year to be a blogger. I feel like i have learned so much and changed my views of some ideas i had of blogging. When i first started and i saw everyone's numbers on their sidebar of followers, i felt that i needed to have tons of followers. Now i can honestly tell you that i am content with when i blog and what i blog about and maintaining my handful of faithful readers. Blogging is not a contest and it never should be. It's an outlet to get yourself out there with your idea, feelings, life events and voice. I started this blog as my outlet to get my feelings and fear of my Dad's illness. Through that journey , i have met some amazing people here and even someone who's father also had a double lung transplant. For those moments, i am so grateful and happy. I never thought 2 years ago when i began the blog that i would be sharing my wedding and that i'm even getting married to another man than who i was dating back then. To my readers of this little ol blog- THANK YOU!! Now for my song today... Its by a country singer of the name Kip Moore. The song is Hey Pretty Girl and i love it!


14 comments:

  1. Awww....I love this song as well!!! Sometimes I think "what if hadn't started blogging?" and then I freak myself out, because I would have missed out on some incredibly fabulous women and friendships...Love Me Some Holli!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- Texas Bloggers brought me to you and i'm so thrilled for that alone! Love you girlie

      Delete
  2. This is such a great feel good song. I love it. So glad you started blogging and we connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot more to learn in the blogging world but i am so excited that i started it too. I was nervous at first but i am getting more comfortable in my writing skin after all. You're such a great blogger friend and i'm very glad we connected for sure!

      Delete
  3. Happy blogiversary!!! I'm so glad we are blogging buddies. You are always so upbeat and positive and I love your pure spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, i am so so happy to be blogging buddies with you. Your blog brings a smile to my face and i love getting to know you. I'm so flattered by your compliment of being upbeat. I do try but sometimes i feel like i'm Eoyore the depressing donkey from Winnie the Pooh. Thank you for being faithful reader.

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! I am so glad Rosie assigned your blog to me wwwaaaaay back whenever it was! You have such a wonderful spirit! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci- i cant say enough how much i adore you, respect you, love you! You're truly my blogging angel and have remained as such.
      One day we will meet in person and i can cash in on the hugs you've sent me.

      Delete
  5. I feel a real connection from song to post. It's probably gonna be iPodded soon!

    You're so right about blogs being an outlet to who you are and the faithful few is fulfillment. Happy Blogiversary and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena, thank you for your sweet and supportive comments. They really put a smile on my face.

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogiversary Holli! Glad to be a follower. Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil, you being one of my followers has made my year! I enjoy reading your blog so much too and i cant wait for the day to eat at some yummy places with you in NY!

      Delete
  7. I too, felt the same way when I started blogging in early 2012. I didn't understand how some bloggers had 3212 followers when all they talked about was bad wine and Tory Burch. But, to each their own. I learned what it's really about, and why I do this. Kudos that you were able to realize what this is really about. I'm glad we found each other on here!

    Happy Blogiversary and I cannot believe you are only 10 DAYS away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marla- my sweet kickass Lupus fighting warrior chick- i am SO glad we found each other!!

      10 days- i know! Holy crap thats almost tomorrow!

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!