Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wedding stuff cuz it's like in 30 days!! Gulp!

I

This is my first post I'm attempting to do from my iPhone because my work laptop does not like Blogger at all. 
Now that Dad has the scary parts behind him, I feel that I can proceed with full force in my wedding plans. My wedding shower was last weekend and I don't have many pics but these few I'm sharing today. Todd and I also had our appointment this week to pick out our wines and the seating arrangements. It's all starting to come together and I'm so thankful for my dear friends that have volunteered to graciously help me. 
My shower was sweet and I had 13 gals show up. I have to focus on the lovely ones that came and try not to get my feelings hurt from the ones that didnt come. I just have to say that communication is so weak in our society today. I didn't have a single person show up from my moms side of the family that I actually grew up closest to. I understand that we all are busy but not one call to say they wouldn't be coming. Oh well! I'm becoming closer to my family on dads side and its been nice. 
I picked up my brooch bouquet this week and its exquisite! I seriously can't say enough awesome things about the way it turned out and the sweet gal that put or together. Another post about that after the wedding for sure. I want to wait until wedding is over before I share my bouquet  and that's hard to do. 
I'm posting my countdown to wedding on my social media . It makes me smile! 

11 comments:

  1. Hi there, I came across your blog yesterday and am now following it from my day old blog lol! I understand about communication these days but at the end of the day those that choose to be there are the ones that matter the most, well in my opinion that is :)

    Nikki
    http://www.acitymamgonecountry.blogspot.co.uk

    PS This is the first time I have commented on my Blackberry Z10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice... I guess family will be family. In mine, some of the ones who want to reach out are finally doing so, the rest seem to care less. You can only lead the horse to water, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see that bouquet and I am so happy to be helping out with some of the details of your big day. I will get you more shower pics ASAP.....sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup family. Can't live with them; can't live without them. There's a reason why all the soap operas are built around family! But don't let that nonsense ruin your big day. Enjoy the love and friendships that do celebrate you - you'll have a much happier time if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything does look exciting and I look forward to the shower snaps!!

    Chin up! My family dynamics often lead to disappointment, but I just focus on the here and now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe.. .It's almost here, that's so awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the wedding. You will be sharing those...RIGHT? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 30 days to go. Now it's crunch time! Looks like you still had a very nice shower, even if certain family members did not show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holli, don't focus on the negative stuff anymore! ENJOY THIS TIME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It won't be long now!!! Your wedding day happens to be my son's 8th birthday! How cool! Looks like the wedding plans and festivities are proceeding on schedule! I am so happy for you. Enjoy this time because the memories you make now you will carry with you your whole life. Love and blessings my friend! ♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh the sneak peak of your brooch bouquet is so pretty!! It's unfortunate that some of the family you're closest to didn't show up. Some people don't know what consideration is :/ I am glad you had a great time at your shower! You look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!