Thursday, October 31, 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ghouls and goblins

Happy happy Halloween everyone! 
So last weekend was our annual HOLLIween party at our place and we had sooo much fun! I started decorating pretty much the first week of October , a little bit very night after work.  The good news is that I didn't need to buy any more decorations because I have tons already.  I still have to change it up though so it looks different from previous years. This year I hung several witch hats from the ceiling. I loved how it looked! I went easy on the spider webs but used a lot of the scary netting to cover shelves. We also decorated the garage more than usual and so I hung a bunch of Halloween table covers to hide all our junk. I hung a white sheet from ceiling to hide the Harley and painted REDRUM like from the Shining.  I had scary dolls hanging in various places with blood on their shirts. I had scary rubber snakes around the dolls. I had a jar of baby heads and parts.  Lots of stuff to look at! 
I loved my jackolantern because we bought some dry ice and put inside the pumpkin and it blew out smoke from the mouth. I also had lots of costumes laying around for decorations and if someone wanted to play. 
This year every single person minus 2 dressed in costume which I feel is huge success! There's just too much that I didn't capture but here are some pics to her the idea. 
Please be safe and have tons of fun today. I can't wait to see all the cute trick or treaters tonight. 

22 comments:

  1. Looks like it would have been worth wearing a costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. costumes are not required but definitely appreciated! It was so fun

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow! How fun! Everyone looks great and Girl, I love your shoes! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them from goodwill and spray painted them that afternoon. LOL- i thought they were perfect! They were a little big so i stuffed cotton balls in the toes. hehe

      Delete
  3. Everything and everybody looked great....so glad that you had a wonderful time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, awesome décor and costumes. I love your creativity. Thanks for teaching me something new with the dry ice inside the pumpkin. I will try that next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dry ice in the pumpkin was so fun. You have to drops of water on top of it to make it active. We had so much fun and i'm already thinking about next years party!!

      Delete
  5. You all look great! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you go all out girl!! I dig it! The costumes are great, and I love that you ad Todd's name on your broom! <3

    I've never seen the Shining, and not that long ago Steve had it on, and I was like, "what's Redrum?" He gave me a disgusted look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SHining is a true classic! The problem of you seeing it now is that it will seem hokey and bad acting because the special effects were not at its prime in the 70's. You still MUST watch it though!
      The halloween party is what i look forward to every year.

      Delete
  7. Happy Halloween Holli. It looks like loads of fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had an amazing Halloween. I have given you an award because you are just plain awesome! Please stop by to pick it up! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Lets Be Friends hop. : )

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo, Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louisa, sorry for the delay in response but I am sooo happy to have you as a new follower. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I look so forward to my annual halloween party! It was loads of fun. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  11. Looks like y'all had a blast!! I'm a fellow Texas gal :) new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hilary! Nice to meet you fellow Texas Gal. Are you in the Dallas area?
      My apologies for taking long to comment here. I'm very grateful to have you as a follower.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diana. It took weeks to get everything out and ready for the party.

      Delete
  13. Hello! You have so many great Halloween ideas, will you please consider guest posting for me in October? -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!