Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm SO Thankful

Holy Cow can y'all even believe that Thanksgiving is in 2 days? I don't even want to think about how many days are left until Christmas.  My head is seriously spinning at the speed of how quick this year has flown by.  I am so very Blessed and I have so many things to be thankful for.  These are in no certain order:
My husband, My Dad and his health, my family, my soft cozy bed, MUSIC, My job that I love, being on vacation this week, sweet tea, ice cream,  Dallas Cowboys, My crazy curly hair, my awesome church and our pastor, to live in a free world, my Blog, My blogging FRIENDS, My blog followers, my cowboy boots, My red pickup, our Harley, wearing shorts in the winter here in Dallas, the short bursts of actual Winter temperatures, Having both grandmas around at age 86, My ipad, Ipod, My laptop, the luxury of eating out once a week at restaurant, working from home on Friday's, My many clothes, my fun junk jewelry, My many books on my bookshelf, the ability to pray and boast of my love for the Lord , My birdcages, my wedding rings, my stepkids, my nieces, WINE, living in Dallas with the best Mexican food on planet, my countless supply of sharpie markers, and  my love for road trips.
I could continue my list for days but the bottom line is that we DO take so many things for granted just waking up in a home , to have  a car and clothes and running clean water. So many countries, heck people in my own City that doesn't have half of that.  I pray every day for no one to suffer and to not go hungry.  Thursday is my 13th year to feed the homeless on Thanksgiving and I say that not to remind y'all that there are too many people that our not able to sit with their families and watch TV so full from eating a feast and dessert. Please donate a coat, socks and underwear , food, your time , something this season. We can all make a difference even if its for a day.
God Bless every single one of you and have the sweetest Thanksgiving holiday. Keep it real and appreciate all the people in your life.  Have fun shopping but don't get crazy.
Hugs to y'all!

To lighten things up- Adam Sandler singing the Turkey Song

28 comments:

  1. Thankful for you this Turkey day and everyday... we need a Mexican food date....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Turkey day was wonderful! lets plan a date soon for some yummy Mexican food. i'm ready!

      Delete
  2. Well said my dear friend, well said!!! Let's not rush things...two more days till Turkey Day...see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to see you during the break and cant wait to see ya again. Hope your holiday was wonderful!

      Delete
  3. So thankful to have found you. So many blessings to be thankful for!! Have yourself a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy all that is good about life♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, you're a sweetheart and I absolutely am so thankful for you. Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one. I ate so much and it was wonderful. LOL.

      Delete
  4. Hi Holli! How are you? Happy Thanksgiving to you this week! I'm dropping by from the Let's Be Friends blog hop! I've just begun a new project called the Awesome Woman Project and would love it if you'd check it out! http://www.thetriplebslifestyle.blogspot.com/p/redis-awesome.html I followed you on twitter and can't wait to get to know you through your posts!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen, Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I will certainly stop by your blog and learn more about the Awesome woman project. Sounds interesting!

      Delete
  5. I was going to ask about being thankful for the Cowboys... but being a Dolphins fan, I better shut up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just don't even know how happy I am that the Cowboys pulled through and won on Thanksgiving! I am a diehard fan since I was a little girl and I can take it. So many people are Cowboys wishy washy fans but I love my team no matter what.

      Delete
  6. Found you through Let's Be Friends!
    I can't believe the holidays are upon us "already"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, Nice to meet you! I just can barely breathe at the speed these days are flying by. Christmas is practically here tomorrow. LOL

      Delete
  7. Hi there! Im a new blogger follower from the link up! Stop by any time!! ;)

    Kate
    designermommy13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. Hope to see ya soon and i'll be jumping over to your blog too.

      Delete
  8. Have the most amazing Thanksgiving, Holli! Eat cheese aplenty and laugh tonz, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal, hope your holiday was a great one! Mine had cheese aplenty and I made my famous hashbrown casserole with 2 bags of cheese in it. yum!

      Delete
  9. Boo, the Turkey Song isn't working on my iPad. I'm am thankful this whole crazy blogging world brought me to you! So thankful for your dad's health! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlie, you have no idea how thankful I am for you. My dads health just gives me so much be thankful for every day of the week.

      Delete
  10. lol, you're so sweet & funny. Thanks for the turkey song! haha.
    I think it is so neat that you have been volunteering every thanksgiving! you are right, we all can give something, even if it's our time. Love ya! Happy Thanksgiving to you & Todd!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its just not a complete Thanksgiving without the Turkey song!
      Hope your Thanksgivng was as awesome as you sweety

      Delete
  11. Visiting from the Dwelling Tree hop. Now following you via twitter and gfc. Hope I see you later tonight on my Bloglovin' Blog Hop!

    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and being a new follower Meg. It means a lot! Sorry I missed your hop but hope to catch another one soon.

      Delete
  12. Hope you and your family had a terrific Thanksgiving Holli!

    The Turkey Song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving Phil! Hope yours was equally terrific.

      Delete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope yours was a great one Marci~ xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!