Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My weekend wrap up

This past weekend was the first weekend in months that we didnt have something planned for everyday. We've had Todd's birthday, Halloween party, Dad's birthday, a friend's birthday, etc and it was so great not to have anything specific that we had to be at. We just played everything by ear and it was so relaxing which we both needed. Friday night we ended up having dinner with a good friend of ours that we dont see very often. Her boyfriend lives in same neighborhood as ours so we met at a local Mexican restuarant and we had yummy margaritas and good company. I worked from home on Friday and as i was reading my facebook i noticed i had a few of my crafty friends were driving to Waco for the Junk Hippy show. I went last year with my cousin Lauren and it was just down the street in Arlington. For whatever reason, the show didnt stop in DFW area but was south in Waco. I asked Todd if he would be interested in taking a short road trip to see the show and have lunch and he said as long as we could go to the Harley shop afterwards. Deal!! Saturday morning we slept late (7am) and ate breakfast and left the house around 9am. The show was at the Waco Convention Center and we got there around 11. I have wanted Todd to see for himself the styles and creativity of some of the booths we came across. See one day yall, my dream is to also have a booth of my own. Todd is very supportive and he was a great sport while walking around the show. I have to admit it was great having him with me because i barely bought a thing compared to last year. I bought 2 Christmas ornaments, a t-shirt and a magnet key holder. The sweet talented gal Jennifer that made my wedding brooch bouquet was there with her Mom and they had a great vintage booth. She got to meet Todd and it was nice to visit with her for a few minutes. I also FINALLY got to meet a blogger/author/booth owner Lisa Love Harris. We are facebook friends and have a few mutual friends and i've followed her blog forever. Her booth is Garden Cat and i saw her in the first 5 minutes we were there. Lisa was a blessing when Dad was in the hospital because she posted about us on her page and asked for prayers. I appreciate that more than anything. After the show as promised, Todd and i drove to the Harley shop and sat on some the new 2014 models. Harley did it right and came out with a 4 paint schemes that has large glitter fleck!! What?! So tempting for sure. The bonus for us is that most all the Harley dealerships do cookouts on the weekend and this one was no different. They were grilling out burgers, sausages and hot dogs with chips. Free lunch- dont mind if i do! On the way home we stopped at one of my favorite fried pie places in Hillsboro. Todd and i both ordered coconut creme and they made 2 of them right then and came out so fresh and scalding hot! I couldnt eat mine for almost 20 minutes later down the road. It was like hot lava in that pie. Sooo yummy though. Later that evening i guess i was inspired by all the crafts i saw at the show and so i painted 2 of my wood candles holders orange and blue. IF it wasnt so late i would have been outside with the spray paint. Sunday after church we went for a nice drive to check out some neighborhoods we might be interested in moving to eventually. We also met my parents for lunch and then followed them to the ranch and stayed a few more hours visiting. On our way home we stopped at Sam's warehouse to see if they have their seasonal Lobster Bisque and they did. Woohoo! Yall i bought 3 sets which means i have 6 pints of this liquid happiness. Every year Sam's has this and when its out its out never to be seen again until the next holiday season. All in all it was an awesome weekend and the weather was in the 80's and we wore shorts. Crazy! Dad and Deb were out in his newest toy 74 convertible Cadillac and they looked 2 cute in it! 
While we were in Waco there is a nice park across street from center with large statues of cows and a cowboy. I wanted to take pictures of then and then I see this cute family dressed as super heroes taking turns with pictures. I volunteered to take a picture with all of them in it and they were very appreciative . Apparently there was a run that morning that was themed around superheroes . Anyway , something you don't see everyday . 
I know this post seems random and all over the place but I'm struggling with the worst headache right now and I'm going cross eyed just typing this. 
Happy Wednesday 

10 comments:

  1. For a weekend with nothing planned i sounds like there was a whole lot on your plate. Hope you get to feeling better!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually was a relaxing weekend though because it was our pace. I didnt get better, i ended up with crippling migraine yesteday. Poo!

      Delete
  2. I love your zest for life Holli and how you make the most out of everything you do. That Cadillac is WAY cool and now I'm singing "Pink Cadillac" in my head, even though it's white. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Deb! It was such a beautiful weekend that it didnt seem right to not take advantage of it. That Cadillac is so awesome and i love that Dad can still turn heads. LOL And now I"M singing Pink Cadillac too!

      Delete
  3. What a fun weekend! It kills me when we can't find a free Saturday to just play, but it sounds like you got your fun on. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! That's a lot on a do nothing weekend! One day I will own a bike. Sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post, Holli! I'm so glad y'all decided to make a road trip to Waco and check out Junk Hippy. It was a blast getting to finally meet ya in person (and of course, Todd too!) Hope the Harley stop worked out for him. My hubby and I have a similar deal worked out---a little junkin'--a little motorcycle shoppin'. Win-Win!
    Thanks for the shout out, Holli! Hope to catch up again with ya down the blacktop sooner than later!
    Peace, love, and all the good stuff to ya, sweet friend<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to the one in Arlington too!That was a good trade off by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite weekends are the ones we can play everything by ear, and have no set plans. They usually end up being the most fun and least stressful! I like the compromise you and Todd made with the craft show and Harley shop! Steve isn't always a good sport abut going with me to those types of things! You sure snagged yourself a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!