Thursday, November 7, 2013

Why so far? I miss my friend already


The last 3 weeks i have been super crazy busy helping my sweet friend Ciana have a garage sale and get packed up to move far far away to Minnesota.  You guys, if you pray i would really appreciate some prayers for her. She is such an amazing woman with the best personality. Ciana lost her husband a year ago and from there it just keeps getting worse. They owned a laundromat and had 2 small homes that they rented one out to.  One of her homes and the laundromat got foreclosed last year and now they're foreclosing on her home she lives in.  Her husband's death was unexpected and she has literally spiraled downward financially.  Ciana is originally from Minnesota but has lived in Texas for the last 15 years.  Minnesota has a better health care plan that what Texas does so she has no other choice right not but to move back. She has some friends that are letting her stay with them until she gets on her feet.
SOOO, i have been going to her house every other day for the last 3 weeks after work to help her sort through her stuff. She was so overwhelmed that she was didnt know where to make heer first step. Thats where i came in. She actually told all her friends and family that she calls me the Gestapo because i've been cracking the whip! Last weekend we had a garage sale and we did really good.  We sold everything but at the same time, we practically gave everything away for mere pennies. She has to have every single thing out of the house by tomorrow and so nothing could be left behind.
I handed out bags and said fill them up for 5$. We sold washer,dryer, dining table  w chairs, patio table wchairs, a kitchen island, you name it we sold it. Her garage was packed floor to ceiling with  boxes so we had to go through every one of them. It was long and tedious and sad but it had to be done.  I gave her homework every night so that she could know what to do for the next day and then i would be there day after to pick up where she left off. Every inch of my body hurts for climbing over boxes, grabbing boxes down, packing and moving. Ciana also has a small break in her vertebrae so she cant lift or bend which meant all that was for me to do. My husband said he misses me because i've been gone so much but he understands. Minnesota is SOOO cold right now and she's moving 4 hours north of Minneapolis.
Ciana and i worked together several years ago and then she took early retirement from corporate life to own her laundromat. We also go to the same church and she just always put a smile on my face! Ciana and i have this funny thing around Christmas about Joy to the World. See several years ago we both got into the whole stampin craze and decided to make our own Christmas cards that year. We went to a stamp party and we picked out what we wanted together so that we could share. I bought a set different than hers and we would swap. Well i borrowed the Joy to the World stamp and had it for longer than i should have.  The "joy" had left my enthusiasm by then to make the cards. LOL. Anyway, i gave it to her she had forgotten that i gave it to her and she every flippin day she kept telling me to bring back the Joy to the World. I would then reply what she could do with the Joy to the World and it went from there. She finally found it but it was a while and she was mad at me. During Christmas we now always go out of our way to find anything special with Joy to the World for each other.  Matter of fact, we came across the box with all her Joy to the World gifts from the years and she's taking them with her. I had bought her the coolest music box a few years ago and we found that too.
Minnesota is so far but like they say, distance is never far between friends. Today i'm taking her to dinner and saying my departure good bye and see ya later! She has a friend that flew in to help her drive the car and uhaul back with her. Oh i have a quick story about her. Sandy is Ciana's friend and during the garage sale a lady showed up with her daughter and her daughter was carrying a tiny chihuaha puppy. Next thing you know, i turned around and the people were gone and Sandy was holding the puppy. She bought her from the lady for 75$ and the little girl had started to cry because she didnt want to sell her. Sandy was pretty quick and asked the little girls name who said it was Melanie, so she then named the dog Melanie which made the girl happy. Fast forward 3 days and Sandy found out her apartments dont allow dogs and she would have to move out if she brought Melanie home. I asked a coworker who i know has chihuahuas and he forwarded to a friend who wanted her.  Yay for finding a home less than 3 hours for the sweet dog!
My friends mean so much to me and i have several out of state friends. I will miss our lunches and get togethers with Ciana but i also know there are several of you that i've connected with from this blog that live out of state and we do well keeping in touch.
Happy Thursday y'all!

10 comments:

  1. That sucks that life has decided to deal her a turn. I will pray for her. I know kinda what it's like, but not quite that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apprecaite the prayers. Life has been hard on her but she has such a great attitude. She is a believer which i contribute to her happiness.

      Delete
  2. What an amazing friend you are. My heart breaks for Ciana, I can't imagine life unraveling in just a year's time. She's very lucky to have someone like you in her life, and I'm certain she is beyond grateful for the help you have given her.
    Good luck to her in her relocation. I hope it all works out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned to never say to someone- hang in there IT GETS BETTER, because it may not actually get better for some. It's heartbreaking!! She is such the sweetest lady and good friend.

      Delete
  3. That is so sad hearing what has happened to your friend. Good thing she has caring people in her life like you. We all need good friends. Hopefully things will get better for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant imagine what state of mind i would be in if i didnt have good friends! I pray things get better for her soon. I hate to say this but i dont think it could get much worse.

      Delete
  4. Hiya
    I've given you an awards - pop on over to: http://www.lifecherries.com/2013/11/tis-season.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciana is blessed to have you...as are all of us that are lucky enough to call you friend! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl! I would do it for you if you needed me. Thats what friends are for. :) love you xoxo

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!