Monday, December 30, 2013

My sweet Christmas gift I share

Hey y'all, I actually did not intend to take long break from blogging but it happened that way .  Well so did you survive the holidays mainly Christmas? I have to admit that I'm so relieved its over. Now I'm staring at all my decorations and I have zero energy to put it all up.  
Todd and I did not do Christmas gifts for each other because we are on tight budget and we do so much for each other on regular basis. We both had decided though that it was time to get a puppy.  I follow a group/ organization in Dallas called DFW Rescue Me on Facebook and have seen several dogs and cats posted weekly. I knew I would know it when I saw the one meant for us.  There was a family of puppies that were found first and then they found the mom a few days later. The mom is a chihuahua and we have no idea who the baby daddy is. The group had named the puppies after Sesame Street characters and I first fell in love with Bert. I wanted him and so I completed the adoption forms and crossed my fingers. There was 12 applicants ahead of me and so I was asked if I would be interested in his brothers - Cookie Monster and Elmo . 
We drove to Denton on Sunday a week ago and played with the little guys to decide which one we wanted and we chose Elmo. It was hard to decide and so I let Todd make the final choice since he's never had a dog before.  The foster mom that has the puppies had to travel for Christmas and asked us if we could wait until after Christmas and we said of course . Funny thing is that once we met him , we wanted him right then and it was hard being patient. The group has to do home visits first as a rule before we can pickup the pet and so another foster friend came by on Thursday after Christmas and had brief visit with us. We has Christmas at Todd's family that evening and afterwards I picked him up while Todd dropped off the kiddos. We named him Jax and keeping Elmo as middle name.  He's around 10 wks old and I love him so much! 
My uncle is a welder and made us a customized kennel for him that fits perfectly under the desk in hallway. He won't be in it except when we are at work and he seems to like it.  
This morning he discovered the mirror and I heard him bark for the first time. It was so funny!  So this years Christmas will be in the books as first married Christmas and when we adopted our black furry boy Jax Elmo. 
I took him to Walgreens with me today and carried him in big purse. He was so good. I have had a killer cold this week so I'm gonna go lay down now. 



17 comments:

  1. Oh sweet little Jax!!! That face! Sp happy for you and Todd, what a wonderful addition to the family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is already spoiled rotten and i love him so much!

      Delete
  2. What a cutie pie! Just look at that adorable little face! My Abigail and Ivan are half chihuahua and half rat terrier. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never owned a little dog before and i love him! I want to take him everywhere with me.

      Delete
  3. awhhhhh!! Jax Elmo is so adorable!! What an awesome kennel your uncle made too-perfect! i love that pic with his little tongue hanging out...made me chuckle! I'd say it was a perfect Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would just love him! He is a snuggle bunny and loves to cuddle and take naps. I am so happy.

      Delete
  4. hi!
    i like you blog!
    you follow earch others?
    let me knows!

    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG he is adorbs! what kind is he? hes looks tiny! Merry Christmas and Happy NYE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is soooo tiny! He is half chihuahua and we dont know what the daddy is. Happy New Years to you.

      Delete
  6. Awww, what a cute pup!

    Hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Phil! Hope your Christmas and NY was a great one.
      Thank you for the comment- i think Jax is pretty darn cute myself!

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see this sweet boy again soon! Hope you are starting to getting over all the cold junk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss him so much today . I cant wait to get home and hold him. My cold is getting better finally. That sucked bad!

      Delete
  8. I bet it was hard not to name him "Harley"! Y'all are such a special couple. I don't know many folks who would jump through all those hoops (get it...jump...hoops?) But then...y'all aren't just anybody. Y'all are like a team of fine mules. Determined, stubborn, hard working, but above all else, perfectly matched. God bless you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend for the kind words. I love that we went through a rescue group and he has captured my heart in that tiny black fur baby! Happy New Year

      Delete
  9. Cute! Cute! Cute!.........I've had a bit of a catch-up looking over previous posts and - of course - the wedding snaps! Wonderful! I've been away four months taking care of my little sis who suffers from BDD. Her condition is much better and it's nice to be home again!

    I am sorry to see that Tuesday Tunes has come to an end but it leaves me with some new great songs I would otherwise have not heard of. I may be able to tempt some Facebooker's to start similar up. Anyhow, Holli, I'm getting through my bloglist slowly but will visit again soon.
    Helena
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Stranger! So good to hear from you and Happy New Year!
      Hope all is well with you and your family. Take care.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!