Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday randomness

How happy are you that today is friday?!!
I'm soooo ready to sleep late until 7 am. Now if only Jax could sleep through the night. I swear it's like having a baby getting up on the hour taking him outside. I worked from home today and I love spending the day with Jax. He was in my lap most of the day. 

So yesterday on my lunch hour , I went to my closest government office and renewed my passport with new last name. Don't laugh but it was kinda a sad day for me. I should have my new one within 6 weeks. I needed to get it done pretty quickly in case I have to travel back to Canada for business. 

Todd and I went to a Vintage Flea market tonight that was in Grapevine Conventikn center. It was not very big but they had cool old stuff. I did good and only bought some vintage lace and an old keychain. I love love love the TV show American Pickers and we DVR it to watch when there's nothing else on. Anyways, the girl on there Danielle is the star guest. Unfortunately , she wasn't there tonight so we may go back to tomorrow. We won't have to pay again so there's that. She is the coolest gal and it would be fun to meet her. 
I think everyone in my family had a set of glass grapes in the 70's. This booth had tons of them. 

I'm excited for my Dads Super Bowl party and all the great food. I really don't care which team wins. I like both locations ( Denver and Seattle) but it's not the Cowboys so there. I'm still undecided on what I'm bringing but I better hurry up so I can buy all the ingredients tomorrow for whatever it is. 
What are y'all doing for the party? 

Have a great weekend y'all! 

10 comments:

  1. Nice picture of you on the passport. Is it very old?

    (ducks a hurled handful of glass grapes...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I'll have another pic especially for you on Monday's post... Might want to hold the glass grapes till then...

      Delete
    2. My passport picture is terrible and so Mr Bean was a great fit. LOL
      I enjoyed your "funny" on today's post!
      The glass grapes would hurt someone, i wouldnt hurl those at least.

      Delete
  2. Give that cutie pie, Jax, a snuggle for me! He is so dern cute! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him so dang much and he's just the sweetest snuggle bunny. I love having a lap dog for sure!

      Delete
  3. Those glass grapes are wonderfully retro! Here's hoping you got to see Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arent they cool! I wish my grandma still had her set from the 70's. She had the dark orange ones. Oh and good news, i did get to meet Danielle the next day. I'll be posting about it soon. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, my Mom-Mom had glass grapes. It's making me a bit teary eyed and nostalgic thinking of them. ANd since it's Monday and I saw your IG, I know you met Danielle! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure wish i had my grandmas glass grapes. Who knew they would be a vintage collectors items?! What color did your Mom-Mom have? We had the dark orange ones. My aunt had the purple ones.

      Delete
  5. Yup, my aunts had those glass grapes too. Oh, and we love American Pickers and Danielle. Cool show!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!