Sunday, January 26, 2014

Yo what up!






I had every intention of posting last week but time was very limited. With being in St. Louis the week before, I was slammed when I got back to my office. I'm not complaining because my week literally flew by but sadly the blog took backseat. I'm kicked back on couch watching the Grammys so I figured I got a few hours to reply to personal emails and even get this post out. 
How was your weekend? Mine has been so good. Friday I worked from home and got to have Jax in my lap pretty much the whole day. Then we had 2 couples come over and we played the card game - Cards against humanity and we had so much fun! We laughed until we cried and moments like that are awesome. I really don't drink much and when I do I normally ONLY have one drink . Well, I had Smirnoff marshmallow fluff vodka mixed with cranberry pomegranate juice and oh my did it sneak up on me! It tastes like kool aid and very refreshing. Until the next morning....... Which caused me to wake up with a slight headache and lazy couch potato. We did go see a early movie "American hustle" and we ate at Chili's with a gift card we got for Christmas . Great evening even though I had dozens of things I needed to get done. Oh well, I rarely get some of those open lazy days. 
Today was our first day for Todd and I teaching Sunday school at church.  Our children's program is really needing more teachers and volunteers so we were asked if we would be willing to help. The schedule is made every 3 months and so we said we would give it a whirl but to check with us when March comes around. I got to say that children's ministry is not my calling and never has been. I'm sure it's mostly because I could never have children of my own. I sorta put this guard around my heart not to be baby crazy and to look away when there were lots of kids. Now don't get me wrong , I absolutely believe that my nieces hung the moon and my friend Wendy's boys even call me aunt Holli so I like the kids that I know well. I'm sure this doesn't make much sense to most of you and I can't explain it well. Anyway, I was nervous but it turned out to be pretty fun. Oh there were tears and a little brattiness but not from me.  There was one little girl that I found out who parents are going through a divorce, and she was my shadow. She sat in my lap every time she could and I kinda liked it. So we shall see but Todd was a natural and the kiddos liked him. 
I wanted to show y'all my fun boot cuffs I've been making from sweaters that I mentioned last week. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold so I'm excited to wear one of these with my boots. 
So here are some photos and I can't go without posting pics of my baby Jax. 

Have a great day y'all!

15 comments:

  1. Kids class is easy- try teaching the young teens once. You have to put every second in God's hands or they'll make you pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness we have a great youth director for the teens. I haev 2 teenage stepkids so i will not be signing up for any classes over age of 8.

      Delete
  2. Jax is just The Cutest and I love your boot cuffs! I used to teach Sunday School for 2 year olds and had a ball! You're right, though. Those little ones can definitely steal your heart! FYI... Our class LOVED band aids. Anytime we talked about healing, we would let them have band aids. The little cuties would have them stuck ALL OVER themselves, just as happy as can be! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the bandaids are a good idea. They get very excited about snack time and stickers! I have some smily face stickers i need to take this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Umm how cute is Jax's Rock Star sweater?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is just so stinking cute and especially in his sweaters. He's getting so big.

      Delete
  4. Your puppy and boot cuffs are so cute!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety! I love our puppy so much. I loof forward to going home even faster after work now.

      Delete
  5. Now that is a cute puppy! Sounds like you had a bit of a hangover. I'm the same on those lazy days with never getting anything really done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , i think Jax is the cutest puppy EVER! LOL
      Yes, i do believe the vodka headache was a hangover but luckily wasnt too bad.
      I love those lazy days.

      Delete
  6. I will not take it personally that you cut loose with other people playing CAH and barely had one drink on my birthday.....I know that you were under the weather....lol. Glad you guys liked it enough to play again! Jax is getting so big! Love and miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sooo sick on your birthday but it was still fun. I am so excited to have the game now. My friends were cracking up because they had never heard of the game and were a bit skeptical when i said we were playing the game.
      Come see us when you feel better. You're always welcome and you know that!

      Delete
  7. What a great idea those boot cuffs are! You have me intrigued on this! And how cute is Jax..??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boot cuffs are so easy and fun! I wear them every chance i get and now sweaters have a new meaning when i look at the sleeves. HAHA
      Thank you about Jax! I love him so much.
      Have a great day Helena

      Delete
  8. Not sure how I missed this post. Cards of Humanity is the best game EVER!!! I think you really learn a lot about someody playing that game! That's fantastic you and Todd are helping out teaching Sunday school at church! You two are so giving with y our time, and i think that's amazing! LOOOVE the boot cuffs! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!