Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fashion and Flea


Good morning everyone - happy hump day! I've been meaning to let y'all know that I did actually get to meet Danielle Colby from American Pickers.  Some of you who follow my Instagram already knows this but I wanted to share today on blog. I will just say that she was the sweetest real person! I stood in line to meet her and she's just so gracious to everyone she met. They were selling small posters of her for you to get signed but (a) I didn't want to get out of line and (b) it was 15.00$.  I just had Todd take our picture and we spoke briefly. The first thing she said to me was that i had beautiful eyes and then she saw my hair and said it was gorgeous. How sweet was that!! Everyone is ooohing and aaahing over her and she gives the compliments. We were sort of in unofficial line because we had been waiting on her to arrive around noon and she didn't get there until one. Danielle was stopping by some booths and checking out people's stuff but she would pose for pics and so I thought why not now. She was scheduled for official meet and greet where she had her own table and you could hang with her at 2 but we wanted to get going.  I was very excited to have met her and she is too cute. We had a little chilly weather so she was hiding her tattoos but not on purpose.  Todd was funny and said "tell Frank he's cheap"! And she said I tell him that everyday.
I love the show and we DVR it so we can watch a few shows back to back in sequence. She is a huge part of the show. Come to find out, she and Mike were friends long before the show and it was his idea to hire her knowing she would be good on camera and with people. 
I always tell Todd that if I was a history teacher , I would totally show episodes of this because it's so educational ! I love that they post years , origin , and history on items they find. 
Speaking of vintage- check out this gorgeous gown. It was one of my favorite things I saw.  You can see back of dress in one of the pics with Danielle. 

So do y'all watch the show on History Channel? 

7 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous gown! I'm also loving what you and Danielle are wearing! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet looking gal! She doesn't half suit the Boho look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that's like a Cinderella gown! Or, it is in my mind! So glad you had such a great experience meeting Danielle! Sometimes I wonder if people on TV shows are going to be jerks in real life. And she right, you do have beautiful eyes and hair! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic.I was searching for fashion blog and came across your website.Please visit our website, www.shoedaca.com .We are famous for our huge collection of salt water sandals.We are an authorized retailer of Hoy Shoes!!!!!Have you tried one?I am sure you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!