Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Not all was lost during Superbowl

So did all of you watch the Superbowl this past weekend? I know i have many friends that are not a football fan at all but I am from Texas where football is a religion. I am sad that football is over but good news is that the Olympics is starting this week. WOOHOO! 
At first I didnt really care about who won the game then I went towards Denver so that Peyton Manning could have a win. I must have jinxed them because man did they lose badly. We went to my Dad's house because he has a Mancave that has big TV and can accommodate tons of people. We had so much food and one of Dad's friends actually caters BBQ and he brought ribs, brisket, and sausage and man was it so tasty! I did good and didnt even have a glass of wine since I had to work yesterday but I did indulge in 2 jello shots. It got cold out there in mancave so i was hoping to get a little fire in my veins to warm me up. It did. For 5 minutes then cold again.

 I think I can speak for many and say that there were some pretty good commercials this year and were entertaining. I showed y'all the Budweiser one with puppy last week and it never gets old watching it. I wanted to do a recap of a few of my favorites. First of all i am so proud of the Cheerios marketing team that came back strong and had a second commercial with the precious Bi-racial family. I could NOT believe that the last one caused so much controversy and its shocking that people arent with us this century by now. 
I am a proud Texan girl who has a few friends who barrel-raced and i assisted them a few times in events many years ago, and i'm a pickup driving girl so the Chevy commercial touched my heart quite a bit. 
I love me some 80's yall so the Radio Shack commercial that brought back Alf, Mary Lou Retton and more made my day!
 I also love music down to my core so the one with Bob Dylan impressed me a lot. Whether you like his music or not, he's legendary to rock n roll and i respect that. His voice is like no other. Happy Tuesday everyone!!




10 comments:

  1. I loved that Cheerios commercial as well...you just know that little girl has got some spice in her tank....LOVE HER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is the cutest little firecracker! So proud that she's being used in the commercials.

      Delete
  2. I loved how well the National Anthem was performed. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci, thankyou for reminding me of that. I totally forgot to mention her and the halftime performance. The lady sung the anthem flawlessly and i thought Bruno Mars was a class act for sure.

      Delete
  3. Nope. Didn't watch one minute of it. Seems I did not miss much as the game was horrible. I just posted a blog about it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your post and it was too funny! Glad you enjoyed a nice dinner a movie while we were all gorging and being disappointed. haha

      Delete
  4. Holy schneikies, that's your dad's basement?!?!?! LOL, man cave, indeed!
    My mom worked in regional offices at Radio Shack for years, so that one was prob my favorite! LOVED seeing all the 80's stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had basements! I never saw a basement until i was out of college and went home with a friend in Nebraska. I had only heard of them. Dad's mancave is a huge workshop that he tinkers in and keeps his tools and toys.
      I thought bringing back the 80's was a brilliant idea for a huge audience!

      Delete
    2. Oh and what i thought was strange was after they pay millions of dollars for the commercial, I saw last night on news that Radio Shack was closing hundreds of their stores. Hmmm?

      Delete
  5. It has been SO cold. What is up with this crazy Texas weather? It is supposed to be warm here.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!