Monday, March 3, 2014

Drunk Texas , Pink Pistol and oh yeah the Oscars

PSooooo, it's Monday and I can't complain because I got to work today from home in my pajamas.  Why was I home all day you ask? Because we flippin got another ice storm and rain yesterday and the temps dropped way below freezing. It's so crazy because it was literally 80 degrees in Saturday and I wore shorts and flip flops. I can't make this up peeps! 
Say what you want but it's inpossible to drive on ice and my city is nothing but bridges. My cute little red pickup truck is allergic to sliding on roads so I kept my happy butt at home. It's a blessing to be able to do that and who knows how long it will last once my huge merger happens. 
Saturday was a great day and Todd and I took Jax out to the country to visit my grandma. I try to visit once a month and take her to lunch and grocery shopping and get her out of the house for the day. 
We had lunch at one of our fave diners up the road from Nanny in little town called Lindale.  It's getting more popular because a gal named Miranda Lambert happens to be from there.  She had this cute old store on the corner that she sold  her wines and also tshirts and band stuff in it. I don't think business did as well as she hoped but she kept it open. In the meantime she opened a store in Oklahoma called the Pink Pistol.  Its done real well and so then she turned her Lindale store into the Pink Pistol.  I wanted to check it out.  It is so much more fun and colorful and she had tons of fun stuff. Miranda is a huge animal fan and does lots of fundraisers for dogs, etc.  I bought a tshirt where some proceeds went towards her animal cause.  She also had a small section that was all stuff from Junk Gypsy was so cool!  There was a skirt I wanted really really bad but I couldn't spend 109.00$.
Maybe one day.  I took a few pics of the store and a few of my fave things. 
That Indian head skirt was the one I wanted.  Nanny and Todd were very patient and waited for me outside while I checked out every corner. 
On our way home we stopped by and took the kids out for quick bite to eat. We grabbed some burritos and went to a park so Jax could walk around. Poor baby got bad car sick coming and going to Nannys and it makes me sad. I hope he grows out of it.  Jax loved hanging with my stepdaughter Ali.

I just have to say that this years Oscars was one of my favorites! I love Ellen and thought she did a great job as the host. She was so funny and only she could crash twitter with a group selfie. 

My man Matthew won and thanked God and his family very sincerely.  Lupita gave an amazing speech and looked gorgeous in her blue dress. 
Jared gave an emotional speech and dedicated his win to his mother who was also there with him along with his brother. 
Jared is a rock star in a band called Thirty seconds to Mars when he's not acting. He's crazy talented and I love that he won.  
Pink sang Somewhere over the Rainbow and killed it. She is incredible and looked beautiful! Bette Midler sand her song Wind beneath my wings after they did the memorial and she looked fantastic and sounded fantastic too.  All in all , it really was an entertaining evening and I enjoyed watching it more than I ever have in the past. Did you watch it? What did you think? 
I hope you guys are staying warm and be safe out there! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I dream of being able to wear shorts. But they are in the distant future here in Indiana. So I am envying you. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have snow again, too! Pink Pistol looks like tons of fun and isn't your grandmother the cutest?! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you take your Nanny out! That is one of my biggest regrets in life, not spending more time with my Mom-Mom her last few years. I was too caught up in things I thought were important. ENJOY your monthly visits! And the pic of Todd and Nanny is adorable!
    I thought the Oscars were great this year, just very looooooong. I was SO SO SO happy for Jared Leto, I have loved him since 1994, and haven't stopped! He speech was so moving and emotional. I know Matt Mc. was going to win, but I feel bad for Leo. That guy gets shafted every single year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have stayed home but I had to come out in all that mess. I was just telling my coworkers that I bought a sundress to wear to my nieces choir performance on Saturday and Sunday I was in a scart/ hat and coat. Ridiculous!!
    By the way I LOOOOVED the Oscars and MAtthew and Jared were my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a crazy weather weekend. Luckily, I made it to work with no trouble early Monday morning. Poor Jax...so sorry he got car sick!!!!! I just watched Dallas Buyer's Club last night and both Matthew and Jared gave incredible performances and their wins were well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got a bit of the ice... but it only stuck to the car, nice and toasty under the ensuing 4 inches of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This winter has been a long crazy brutal one everywhere! I will be glad when its over as it is now 29 degrees here in NYC. I am just glas yesterdays snow missed us and stayed south of us.

    I have seen Pink in concert and she rocks. She did great at the Oscars. No lip synching there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm a new follower! My daughter and I went to the Pink Pistol up here in Oklahoma last summer. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Lindale and the Pink Pistol. And so sweet of you to go visit your Grandma once a month. I am sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!